*NO* Tombs & Treasure 'Temple of El Caracol'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/tombsa~1.zip - NSF Track 19

A lot of the NSF tracks for this game are pretty badass. Any lurkers/mixers reading this decision who like NSFs should seriously pick this soundtrack up. Onto the mix, this isn't much beyond the original in a slightly different format (including the repetitive structure of the source), though a decent effort is made to change the texture of the source tune with this cover. The electric & acoustic guitars sounded hot in tandem but only lasted for the first 30 seconds, which was unfortunate enough that I feel inclined to use this emoticon :-( .

I really hate to say this, especially because I know it's not gonna happen with an older piece like this, but I'd have recommended doing something to make the stock percussion either more engaging or at least placed in a less audible supporting role, because it drags the piece down and detracts from the lead, in my opinion. Along with that, there seriously needs to be some variation within the track via rearrangement. There aren't any unique ideas here besides changing the instrumentation to a mellower feel, and that's a shame when a source tune like this could go places.

Damn...and Eric is cool as hell too. Aw man...

NO