DC Universe Online

i still dont see why any kind of cinematics like this have any bearing at all on how a game will actually be ESPECIALLY an mmo

Who cares

it's frikkin Lex Luthor warning superman about an apocalyptic future how WACK IS THAT?!

EDIT: In all seriousness, i'm a little iffy about those types of stories. I mean if you go to the past to change the present, the present is different and better so that you never went back to the past to change it. 0_o

I can foresee the "evil" faction of players being victorious.

Anyone else think the voice overs seemed a little off kilter?

Some of them, but I personally wanted to hear some stuff from Hal and the flash (dunno is that's barry or wally).

Like i was just waiting for the flash to go "HAL!" as he zips to him and dies from a Shazam bolt.

i still dont see why any kind of cinematics like this have any bearing at all on how a game will actually be ESPECIALLY an mmo

It's a story trailer, not a gameplay trailer. It's there to set up the premise and narrative, not give you a demo of the game.

Flash is most likely Barry, not Wally. Although Batman is Bruce and DCO is going to have Dick as Nightwing, Tim as Robin, and Cass as Batgirl, so Wally still could be the Flash. Then again DCO takes place in a different line. Who knows?

Flash is most likely Barry, not Wally. Although Batman is Bruce and DCO is going to have Dick as Nightwing, Tim as Robin, and Cass as Batgirl, so Wally still could be the Flash. Then again DCO takes place in a different line. Who knows?

Or it could be like in Blackest Night where they're both Flash, right?

EDIT: If it's a different line then it's possible, otherwise it would have to take place when bruce was still batman. In that case, it's Wally, but then it would be writing a story in an already explained time period of the DC Universe so it would have to be a different continuity.

So we're back to: Who is that Flash? :P I don't think we'd ever find out because it's a future that we as the players are apparently not supposed to allow to happen.

No because Bruce is "dead" in Blackest Night.

Barry comes back after Final Crisis and that is when Bruce "dies." There's no crossover where they can meet.

Granted, DCO won't be following main DCU continuity, but it was being developed a while ago, so it's going to reflect the state of the DCU from a few years ago, not the current one, hence Cass Cain as Batgirl.

Already a thread. Merged.

Might play...maybe.

Aww. I guess I didn't search deep enough.

On topic, I have to agree with everyone about resisting the urge to play another MMO. Just started the LEGO Universe closed beta, and I have also been playing APB. Hopefully it won't end up being another game-of-the-month. It does have potential, but City of Heroes/Villains had the same amount.... so... :neutral:

• 3 months later...

DCUO Beta has begun, and I got in on it. I gotta say it is super good fun. An MMO that plays like Kingdom Hearts with Super Heroes is something that I wasn't expecting. So far I have beaten the shit outta Grodd, Queen Bee, Mr. Psycho, and am on my way to beat the shit outta a Trigon-possessed Raven.

My hero is named Canned Heat, a Flame Brawler with Speedster movement similar to the Flash and stuff.

hero2.JPG