BGC + ISW present "Acoustic Revolutions", 285 gorgeous acoustic guitar loops! $19 thru Cyber Monday!

zircon

AR-vol1_smaller.jpg

Jooj and OC ReMixer Jimmy Hinson (aka BGC) came to me recently with the concept for an acoustic guitar loop library. His samples and demos sounded great, so we agreed to work together, with him producing the library and Impact Soundworks distributing it. I'm really excited for this one, and you should be too! Check out all the info below, including links to FREE LOOPZ :mrgreen:

Acoustic Revolutions: vol. 1. Adult Contemporary Guitar Loops is the newest library from Impact Soundworks, designed and edited by composer, producer and guitarist Jimmy "Big Giant Circles" Hinson. As the first in a series of acoustic loop libraries, Acoustic Revolutions represents the ever-popular adult contemporary genre, and was designed for the working composer and songwriter with a variety of tempos, keys and chord progressions. Jimmy brings his experience as a TV composer with hundreds of cues under his belt for hit shows on networks like HGTV, WE, DIY and Animal Planet, among others. You may also know his music from a little video game called Mass Effect 2 or Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. ;)

Product Page Here (w/ all demos + features)

http://impactsoundworks.com/products/instrumental/acoustic-revolutions-vol-1

What makes this collection great? For one, it's the only one of its kind where all loops have been performed in unique, non-standard tuning, enabling rich chords, progressions, and harmonies that just are not possible on a single guitar otherwise. Next, it divides the loops into highly useful construction-like sets according to tempo, style, and key, thus eliminating wasted time spent previewing loops that don't even fit your project. And finally, for the modern composer and songwriter, there are some beautiful modern progressions and patterns that will keep you grounded in the modern edge of acoustic music in the style of artists like the Goo Goo Dolls, Dave Matthews, Vertical Horizon, etc.

This collection is great for anyone working on modern pop, AC, easy listening or soft rock productions, but it's also a fantastic tool for TV composers. We understand the need for high-quality, FLEXIBLE loops that do not require excessive trimming or mixing, as well as the need for sounds that match modern trends. If you're looking to add the right acoustic edge to your tracks, check this one out.

Features:

* Gorgeous, crisp, clean acoustic guitar tone with no harsh compression or EQ

* Recorded in stereo with a blend of high-end DI and tube mic warmth

* 280+ carefully edited, highly usable loops in total

* Intuitive file organization saving you wasted time looking for the *right* loops.

* Several intuitively recorded loops that can provide a clean start and a seamless loop simultaneously

* Various single chord strums, muted chugs and harmonics

* Tempos include 80, 90, 95, 100, 130, 140 and 180bpm

* Time signatures include 3/4, 4/4, 4/4 swing and 6/8

* Bonus processed & effected loops and noises

* WAV format, easily usable and editable in ANY sequencer or sampler

Demos:

Jimmy Hinson - "Fields of Green": To the composer, a great example of a feel-good underscore cue featuring Acoustic Revolutions mixed with light synths and percussion. To the songwriter, these loops may lay the groundwork for an emotional ballad, like the following track:

Jimmy Hinson - "Drift": A great example of how an entire vocal song can be constructed using progressions from one of the loop sets.

Jimmy Hinson - "Perk Me Up": An instrument track using 100% dry loops from Acoustic Revolutions. No fx found here!

Jimmy Hinson - "Carefree": This uses many of the same loops as "Perk Me Up", this is a great example of how well the loops blend with a full "band".

Jimmy Hinson - "Something More": Layers of beautiful suspensions, slides and unique intervals can convey anxiety or determination. Your lyrics would decide which.

Jimmy Hinson - "Acoustic Alchemy": Processed, mangled and warped loops are also included in the library, and can create some very fun and interesting rhythms and textures like this.

Price and Availability

Acoustic Revolutions is available on our web store as an instant digital download for $19! through Black Friday, and will go up to $25 after that.

Feel free to post your questions, comments or feedback here!

ps. Download a free set of demo loops by clicking right here!

Very nice! What kind of guitar did you use, Jimmy? Jumbo? Dreadnought?

Thanks man :) It's an Ibanez single-cutaway acoustic. I had a choice between it, an Ovation Celebrity or a Martin DCX1KE and in the end I liked the recorded sound of the Ibanez best. The Martin sounded too boomy/deep when I mic'd it plus there's no DI unlike the other two. The Ovation sounded great DI but IMO didn't sound as great through the mic.

Bought'd. Sounds really useful for some backing and such as well as something I could definitely put through Reaktor and get some incredible sounds back out. Great job Jimmy!

Thanks man, for some of the "bonus loops" included, that's actually what I did ;)

I had a lot of fun glitching/processing some of the loops, and to be honest, I bet I could probably come up with an entire separate loop set of tripped out acoustic guitar :) (similar to Cinematic Guitars, etc)

I'm super stoked that this library has been doing killer :D

Thanks for all the feedback guys, also, I'd like to tell everyone that the $19 pre-order sale is going on through Cyber Monday, so make sure you pick it up before it hops up to $25 after that.

Also, I'm working on aiff and rex/sage conversions for easier use in logic, reason, and stylus RMX. doing aiff first, I'm hoping to be done with that this next week (properly editing transients and such) and next will come rx2/sage. The updates will be free for all who purchase AR vol 1. :)

if you were to do a setup that'd play nice in FL Studio, that'd be killer as well =)

i used this library in this round's grand maverick remix battle, so when it gets posted, check it out. it didn't turn out as well as i'd hoped - i needed to record the leads live, but didn't have time - but the backing parts sound awesome :<

if you were to do a setup that'd play nice in FL Studio, that'd be killer as well =)

how do you mean? the acid wavs should work fine in FL. If you're talking about artifacts when timestretching, that's going to happen with any wav file, and the rx2/Sage should remedy that a bit better when I have them finished.

i used this library in this round's grand maverick remix battle, so when it gets posted, check it out. it didn't turn out as well as i'd hoped - i needed to record the leads live, but didn't have time - but the backing parts sound awesome :<

nice! :) got a link?

how do you mean? the acid wavs should work fine in FL. If you're talking about artifacts when timestretching, that's going to happen with any wav file, and the rx2/Sage should remedy that a bit better when I have them finished.

i'll probably just use the rx2s.

nice! :) got a link?

sure, in the social group once darkesword updates it...probably later today.