*NO* Lufia 2 'Lighting the Darkness'

djpretzel

Hey this is my remix of the song "The Last Duel" from Lufia 2 called Lighting the Darkness

My internet sorta name is Redslash, this is my first submission

my user id is 24012

It's a punk rock version of the song, I decided to try something different for my submission.

I'm sorry for attaching the song to the email but I have no other way of sending this song to the website right now. This is mostly because I don't have a website or a web server.

This game is already added to the website and there was only one musical artist behind all the music in the game, so there is no needed information there. I knew this song would be perfect for my punk rock remix because i wanted to create a style of punk rock in fl studio 5 using the slayer.

I made a lot of adjustments to the song including i changed the tempo from around 140 to 200, I completely replaced the drum pattern with a new punk rockish fast drumming style, removed the harp sound, and tweaked all of the instruments as guitars adding amp effects and choruses and i changed the note patterns a little bit to fit togethor as a band playing instruments.

That's about it.

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ed2.rsn - "Final Battle" (ed2-207.spc)

I'm already very familiar with the source tune, since it was mixed by Arkimides in his excellent VGMix "Ticking Clocks", which I bugged Jaron about submitting, but it looks like we'll never see it. In any case, I'm definitely a fan of the source tune.

Terrible plucked string sounds along with the drum programming and synth choices. No sound balance here as the source melody is totally obscured, though I wouldn't have wanted to hear it louder based on that awful electric guiar synth chosen for it.

Whereas Ark's take on this theme was mostly a cover, there were lyrics and original section as well to provide expansion and interpretation. Unfortunately there were no creative or interpretive liberties taken on the arrangement whatsoever, and the added instrumentation was awful. Doesn't have a thing going for it.

NO

• 2 weeks later...