What would you want in a "perfect" VST instrument?

If someone were to ask you what you would want in your own "perfect" VST, what would it be?

I'm asking because I saw a thread over in KVR about doing this with SynthEdit and I want to at least see what your ideas are for such an instrument.

So, what would you have in it?

EDIT: And whatever it is, it has to be possible in SynthEdit.

Current idea list

Advanced Envelopes - GeckoYamori

plenty of LFOs - GeckoYamori

Delay wheel - yet again, GeckoYamori

Simplicity - PrototypeRaptor

What I would like to know is how many/what kind of oscillators

Tough to say, because there are a lot of things that you want in a VST, but the closer you get to getting everything, the closer you get to the one thing that everyone hates - extreme lag. There's a lot you could want, so a "perfect" vst instrument doesn't really cut it for me.

Tough to say, because there are a lot of things that you want in a VST, but the closer you get to getting everything, the closer you get to the one thing that everyone hates - extreme lag. There's a lot you could want, so a "perfect" vst instrument doesn't really cut it for me.

"Perfect" as in perfect for you. I want to see people's ideas of what they want to see in a VST.

(Personally, I would like to see a synth with a lot of power under the hood, but a oh-so-simple GUI to go with it)

Vuvuzela, tf samples aint good enough.

... and I have NO idea what you just said

EDIT:Okay, to make sure I don't look completely stupid, I edited this post, but it somehow didn't update.

Anyway, receiving the waveform structure of this would be "fun" (as in hard) to get, let alone getting the module set to play and modulate it as well.

I don't think anyone has actually answered the question...

He said VST, not sample library...

^This. Very much this^

I'm basically asking you what you would want in a VSTi. I'm not asking for sample libraries. I'm asking what features you would like to have control of in a virtual instrument.

An off-the-bat example would be 43 oscillators. In no way would anyone want to do that, but that's an example for you guys of what I'm asking for

... and I have NO idea what you just said

The vuvuzela (pronunciation: /vvˈzɛlə/), also known as lepatata Mambu (its Tswana name), colloquially known in South Africa as "Moerstripper" , is a plastic horn, about 65 centimetres (2 ft) long, which produces a loud monotone note, typically around B3[1] (the B below middle C).[2] Many types of vuvuzela, made by several manufacturers, may produce various intensity and frequency outputs.[3] The intensity of these outputs depends on the blowing technique and pressure exerted.[3]

Traditionally made and inspired from a kudu horn, the vuvuzela was used to summon distant villagers to attend community gatherings.[4][dubiousdiscuss] The vuvuzela is most used at soccer matches in South Africa,[5] and it has become a symbol of South African soccer as the stadiums are filled with its loud and raucous sound that reflects the exhilaration of supporters.[4] The intensity of the sound caught the attention of the global soccer community during the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in anticipation of South Africa hosting the 2010 FIFA World Cup.[4]

The vuvuzela has been the subject of controversy when used by spectators at soccer matches. Its high sound pressure levels at close range can lead to permanent hearing loss for unprotected ears after exposure,[6] with a sound pressure of 120 dB(A) (the threshold of pain) at 1 metre (3.3 ft) from the device opening.[4]

Wikipedia's definition of the vuvuzela

Yeah, I read the wikipedia page on it minutes after I posted about this. If you didn't notice, I edited my post.

EDIT: yeah, I know. the post didn't update obviously, so I re-edited (?) it.

Advanced and flexible envelope controls, with a visual interface where you can "draw" the lines like in the FL automation clips.

Do you mean controls similar to that of the NI Massive envelope editor?

Plenty of LFOs, with a delay wheel, which you can tie to any other function.

Hmm... Would you be able to work with a data matrix with this?

Also, I would like to have a little bit more information on what you mean by delay wheel.