Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

Rhyhon needs to stay far away from any kind of notion of seeding this :<

Good to hear of the recent progress! Makes me feel gooey inside ^_^

Also... I think they did a great job on character development in ToS. I love all of the 8 party members a lot. I hope that when the sequel comes out on Wii this year that they'll let you have a little time with each of them (and not just have to fight them...). It'd be fuckin' FANTASTIC if they could hire the same voice actors, but... who knows. Nintendo funded the localization for ToS, and I'm not sure they've committed to this one just yet.

ANYWAY, w00t for SoS!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, that'll pass. Very quickly.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. It's a shame that said party member went through a lot since even the seal of fire, but I suppose we can associate. (If it helps, I'm now in possession of the Rheairds; quick-random-battle-evasion-while-looking-for-treasure, here I come!)

I too seem to have good hope for the follow-up as well. Assuming that the Tales Studio have been consistent, we might see something polished, and even if the voice actors face a change it's not going to bother me because I saw it happen in a lot of franchises I've followed in the past, and I didn't let it get to me. (and seriously, they NEED to bring in Kratos somewhere, even if he wouldn't be used in your character party.)

Kyle, I know you're probably a little late but I'm ready to try one more track to help speed things along. Since The Prophet took my initial proposal for As Time Goes On (it's ok though, I'm sure he can do better than me), I looked in the soundtrack and thought I could do something with The Final Act. Is that okay with you?

Also... I think they did a great job on character development in ToS. I love all of the 8 party members a lot. I hope that when the sequel comes out on Wii this year that they'll let you have a little time with each of them (and not just have to fight them...). It'd be fuckin' FANTASTIC if they could hire the same voice actors, but... who knows. Nintendo funded the localization for ToS, and I'm not sure they've committed to this one just yet.

I have the same hope too, but if Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology is any indication, we might be in trouble. Scott Menville (Lloyd) and Kari Wahlgren (Raine) were replaced by Brian Beacock and Tara Platt (Tara was Noir/Nebilim in Tales of the Abyss, among many other things) respectively. However, everybody's favorite -- Cam Clarke, as Kratos -- was still around, as was Genis' original VA.

Considering TotW:RM wasn't one of the main games in the series, there's still a chance they'll bring the heavy hitters back in. Either way, as Rexy said, the replacements are generally capable enough to not be a distraction.

Also, yay SoS.

Since The Prophet took my initial proposal for As Time Goes On (it's ok though, I'm sure he can do better than me), I looked in the soundtrack and thought I could do something with The Final Act. Is that okay with you?

Like Lea said, Tepid and PriZm already took that one on.

I like Aninymouse's idea of Regal's Theme (from ToS). Take a look into that one and see if you like it. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Time to add some brief notifications myself to get some activity going:

- Beated ToS today (woohoo!) and may I say, what a ride :D

- I'm still concerned for some of the slackers, so mind if I take up Vigorous Town? I've got pretty much a free week ahead.

- Continuing to reference to point 1, I am now SO looking forward to hear what LuiZa and CHM have done with Fatalize after hearing it so many times just fighting Abyssion and Seles! Pure genius ;)

I'm hoping to get my Vigorous Town ReMix up to project standards... Don't know if I'll make it in time though. My other song is practicly finished, so I will have time for it now

...so this means I have to go back to the drawing board, again? I know Kyle was seeking for help on the Phantasia side but it's hard to find something worth approaching that HASN'T been given coverage yet. :\

Don't worry, I haven't been around much albeit for different reasons altogether (like, I'm bound to get into employment before the year is out). I can understand your feelings though, hope you get better soon :(

Well like I said, I am still working on it (and I already had a wip that was quite far along). So if you'll make one, mine gets thrown straight into the trash bin I'm afraid :P. If you really want to do this song, then I guess I have to use mine for somewhere else since I'm sure you'll do a better job with it. But if you can, I would appreciate it if you'd pick another song

Let me think... The Midgard theme is a good theme, but perhaps a bad genre, how about Euclid or Ary? Or the Piano solo of course :P

EDIT - Some might say that I've uploaded my last version of Triumph. Some might even go so far to say that it's done. Who are you? (in other words, got new version up plz say if its done or not k thnx)

I looked at the two themes. Given that you're so willing to contribute something for Vigorous Town, I'll let you keep it. Myself, I think I can form something out of Euclid. If I get any updates regarding progress for it, I'll inform the project managers about it. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History