Interest in a Sonic Remix Competition?

SuperiorX

You've roped me Supe, I'll do it :D

You already knew that, just making sure everyone ELSE is ready for it

OHHHHH YEEEAAHHH now that is what I'm talking about. Now you just need to get your boy Ecto to sign on. I interpreted his earlier comment about "the Genesis sucking" as a "he might be interested" :-D

And...

AWW MAN, NO SONIC R?

How will I ever feel the sunshine ;A;

Sorry, no sunshine for you :<

Sooo Doug's got the possibility of his time freeing up a lot since his master's recital was yesterday.. and I told him about the compo. And he's thinking of joining :D

It had a lot to do with the fact that he was wearing a Sonic shirt on campus today haha

Nice! It would be awesome to get Doug in on this! I'll add him to the "might be interested" list. Good job recruiting! :-D

I'd love to join, but I don't know if I can make it —

1) Coursework.

2) I've been very uninspired lately.

3) The only thing that ever screams "SONIC" in my uploads is that acapella of Sonic Colours' intro theme.

Well, the way the compo is setup is you'll pick a Sonic zone theme and then you must remix it along with your competitor's theme, so it kinda forces you to be inspired and come up with something. :-D It'd be awesome to have a female vocalist in the compo too! If you have time, think about it!

Well, the way the compo is setup is you'll pick a Sonic zone theme and then you must remix it along with your competitor's theme, so it kinda forces you to be inspired and come up with something. :-D It'd be awesome to have a female vocalist in the compo too! If you have time, think about it!

Gladly, so long as whoever I'm pitted against picks a theme song rather than backing music. But I won't expect anything. :)

Gladly, so long as whoever I'm pitted against picks a theme song rather than backing music. But I won't expect anything. :)

Well everyone has to pick one of the "zone" themes (i.e., Green Hill Zone, Chemical Plant Zone, Hydrocity Zone, etc.) from one of the core Sonic platformer games (i.e., Sonic 1-3, S&K, Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure, etc.). Themes like title screen music, menu themes, boss themes, & special stage themes will be excluded. So I guess they will all be "theme" songs, if I understand what you're asking correctly.

Well everyone has to pick one of the "zone" themes (i.e., Green Hill Zone, Chemical Plant Zone, Hydrocity Zone, etc.) from one of the core Sonic platformer games (i.e., Sonic 1-3, S&K, Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure, etc.). Themes like title screen music, menu themes, boss themes, & special stage themes will be excluded. So I guess they will all be "theme" songs, if I understand what you're asking correctly.

By theme songs I meant Reach for the Stars, Sonic Boom, Endless Possibilities, His World etc. I guess I needed to be a little clearer about this :oops: — lyrical themes?

Again, I won't expect anything, and if anything can be lyricised, that could be something to look at too.

By theme songs I meant Reach for the Stars, Sonic Boom, Endless Possibilities, His World etc. I guess I needed to be a little clearer about this :oops: — lyrical themes?

Again, I won't expect anything, and if anything can be lyricised, that could be something to look at too.

Ohhh, ok. You can add your own lyrics to anything, just ask AkumajoBelmont :-D

I'm interested in this. I'm not usually on the forums here, and I don't have any of my mixes on OCR, but I would like to participate in this. I know the dates are already set, but they do work for me :P and I don't know how much of the thematic stuff has been set yet, but I don't really care if there's a story or not... I just hope we include boss themes, special stages, both versions of the Sonic CD soundtrack, etc.... I would like it to be as all-inclusive as possible :D

...again, don't know how much of that has been decided, but I wanted to throw my two cents out there.

I'm interested in this. I'm not usually on the forums here, and I don't have any of my mixes on OCR, but I would like to participate in this. I know the dates are already set, but they do work for me :P and I don't know how much of the thematic stuff has been set yet, but I don't really care if there's a story or not... I just hope we include boss themes, special stages, both versions of the Sonic CD soundtrack, etc.... I would like it to be as all-inclusive as possible :D

...again, don't know how much of that has been decided, but I wanted to throw my two cents out there.

Awesome, yeah the more the merrier! I just checked out some of your stuff on soundcloud too and it's pretty good. You should come around here more often! :-D

As for the themed stuff, yeah I have pretty much all the guidelines in place now. As for themes to include... any "zone" theme (i.e., Green Hill Zone, Chemical Plan Zone, Crisis City, Speed Highway, etc.) from a core Sonic platformer game is allowed. Sorry, no boss themes, special stages, or menu/title themes. Both Sonic CD soundtracks (as well as both Sonic 3D Blast soundtracks) will be allowed. When I start the official compo thread in the Competitions forums on April 14th, all the details will be clearly laid out.

I will def get my peavey by that date, I will make a sonic mix comprising of nothing but harmonics, scrapes, taps,divebomb, takeoff bombs (the opposite, what I call it:tomatoface:),and stuff

I'm not sure I understand half of what you just said, but yeah awesome! :razz:

Awesome, yeah the more the merrier! I just checked out some of your stuff on soundcloud too and it's pretty good. You should come around here more often! :-D

As for the themed stuff, yeah I have pretty much all the guidelines in place now. As for themes to include... any "zone" theme (i.e., Green Hill Zone, Chemical Plan Zone, Crisis City, Speed Highway, etc.) from a core Sonic platformer game is allowed. Sorry, no boss themes, special stages, or menu/title themes. Both Sonic CD soundtracks (as well as both Sonic 3D Blast soundtracks) will be allowed. When I start the official compo thread in the Competitions forums on April 14th, all the details will be clearly laid out.

I'm not sure I understand half of what you just said, but yeah awesome! :razz:

Will it be by braket or how will the matches be arranged?