SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

lol... go recruit your own secret weapon sax player! 8-)

I'm good mang. I've got Cubase 6 and killer studio chops. Transposing literally took 2 seconds and it sounds good. :-D I only have a bit more drums to program, bass guitar to record, then I can re-amp all the guitars with my amplifier.

Then anything else I add is just icing on da cake. :-D

My arrangement is pretty classy.. really digging it.

Good thing source usage isn't judged like for real oc remixes, cause you couldn't get away with that. ;P

Do you hate all ethnic instruments with a passion or just the melody being played here?

it's not the instruments. i'm just not fond of the melody in general, and it would take a really long time to get the rest of it into the daw. plus, i can barely figure out how to combine the two zones as it is.

Well, my lyric-writing is done, my track itself sounds great (although I need to add 4 more bars at the end to accommodate the lyrics), now I just need to record my voice & get my guest vocalist to come to my place for a visit to record her parts...

Oh nice! Everyone is pulling out some secret weapons this round. Don't spoil the surprise tho!

Good thing source usage isn't judged like for real oc remixes, cause you couldn't get away with that. ;P

Do you hate all ethnic instruments with a passion or just the melody being played here?

Actually Larry sent me a stop watch so I can clock source usage for all of these mixes going forward ;-)

And how can you not like Dragon Road, wildfire? It's got an awesome melody! I can imagine it'll be hard to combine with other sources though cause it's so different. Good luck guys!

And this is a strange place to follow up a post, but do you EVER come onto Google Talk, Matt? :razz:

Ummm, is Google Talk different from the Google Chat in gmail? Or are they the same thing? I'm in Google chat in gmail quite frequently, but I'm on my phone right now at work (very productive, yes I know) so I'm not logged in now. I'm on a lot at night when I get home from work. But given our time difference, you Brits are mostly likely asleep at that time :) you're 6 hours ahead of EDT I think yes? so that could be why you don't see me on often.