OCR02440 - Mega Man 9 "High Voltage"

I see what you did there Djp

Ahh...this track is unfortunately my least favorite sixto mix to date.

Maybe its due to the source not being that memorable in my opinion (that award goes to tornado man instead)

But yeah apart from that its the kinda style you expect from sixto by now and i can hear the Judas priest vibe in the beginning.

And the technical skills on show are incredible i gotta admit.. but i just wasn't feeling it :/

If you love sixto's work then you'll enjoy this but i personally feel I've heard better from him. sorry bro

• 3 weeks later...

As aforementioned, a nice hard rock/metal/whatever you want to call it mix. Sixto's guitar playing is regularly among the best you'll hear on this site (or in general), and this track showcases no different.

I'd agree with Psychowolf that the source is kinda 'meh', but Sixto does it justice; definitely give it a listen if you're a fan of his other work.

• 4 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but I actually like this mix from the MM9 album more than Sixto's other one. This song really does remind me of the likes of Judas Priest and Gamma Ray (who may have been paying a homage to Priest) at the beginning of the song with how it kicks off. I absolutely love the execution here as a power metal nut, it really would fit nicely as an instrumental on a Gamma Ray or HammerFall album I think, Juan just knows how to rock hard at a high level.

• 1 year later...

Definitely hearing some of the Judas Priest vibe in here. Sixto never seems to ever come up short with his guitar. It's just a matter of higher or lower amount of success. Either way, this sounds like a pretty successful and intense sounding ReMix, which certainly outshines the original. And good lord, man, those solos are insane! So good.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02440 - Mega Man 9 "High Voltage"