*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'JENOVA Curse of Eternity'

djpretzel

Hi,

My remixer name is Ninja Flute. I am new to all this, its my first remix and its my first drum n bass tune, too. So feel free to give c riticism.

This tune contain the Japanese voice samples taken from the film Advent Children.

"Cloud: ...Evil Substance..."

"Vincent: An Unwanted Gift From Heaven...JENOVA."

"Reno: Mother, Mother, It's Only Jenova's Neck."

"Kadaji: Mother!!!! Ahhhh.............!!!!"

I think JENOVA is the evilest being in FF7 because its only desire is to devour the planet, and it has been messed up by all those Mako energy, etc.

I used natrual instruments go with furtuistic crazy basslines cuz it reflects the world of FF7:-

"There are too many ideas all randomly smashed together. One minute you are in a dark, cyberpunk world, the next you are riding on a giant chicken"

Here's the link for download:

If this link gets take off because of inactivity, please let me know.

:peace:out

Source: http://www.zophar.net/psf/FF7_psf.rar - 214 - J-E-N-O-V-A

It's an interesting way to start a piece. Just drums and a flute, with a basssynth mucking around at the bottom for the first minute or so. Voice clips come in after 2 minutes. After about 2:20 we finally get something that resembles an actual song, but it doesn't really lead anywhere as the ride, snare and kick just bash along with the basssynth.

This is too dysfunctional to be enjoyable. Sometimes things like this work, but in this case there just isn't enough work on making the arrangement that we have in sections sound enjoyable. The drums are really distracting towards the end of the piece and sound way too heavy compared to the rather dry and basic synths that you're using for the melody. The arrangement that we do have sounds like a cut and paste job from the original with no real effort to make anything link together properly.

Nice effort, but if you're going to try something down this path, you need to make it more pleasing to the ear.

NO

No cohesion or texture at all with this sparse instrumentation. Vocal clips aren't "terrible" but are a bit overused and don't add much to this emptiness. After 2:10, this just drags on. Not a terrible attempt at an industrial sound at all, but this just doesn't have any substance to it. You'd think with a nice 4:44 to work with, a lot more creativity would have been brought into play. Only a diehard fan with no standards would enthusiastically praise this.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

It's either brilliant experimental music, or an honest to goodness amateur effort. My money is on the latter.

Sloppy, repetitive, and monotonous. I realize it's drum 'n bass, but seriously, can we get a little more than just...drum and bass? Voice samples seem gimmicky, the incessant drums are grating, and the bassline is so indistinct that it's hard to actually tell what's going on. Aside from that, I don't really hear anything else going on. The intro was sparse, and there are some percussive hits throughout the piece that are jarringly loud.

NO

i'll always entertain a drum 'n bass remix.

you've got some of the bass right, it's cool at times.

you've got little of the drums right though, it's clearly some acoustic kit rather than a chopped up/recycled loop.

then it gets weird.. getting weirder..

i dunno, there are some sorta cool ideas but does it all work as a whole?

not for me.

no