Need Someone With Orchestral Experience

So, around January I had made this asian/orchestral themed remix of the Tomb Raider theme. She got NO'd largely due to production issues.

Check out the original version here: http://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/lara-croft-the-path-of-the

I'm no audio engineer and I don't know tons about making orchestral samples sound super real. I also don't have a lot of expensive, high end orchestral libraries.

So what I'm looking for is someone who is good at mixing, mastering as well as someone who has great orchestral libraries and is awesome at using those samples.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, reply here or send me a PM and I can shoot ya my MIDI files as well as the couple sound effects I used.

Not to say you can't recruit for someone to give you a hand with the mix / hand over the mix to, a quick look at the the votes on this makes me think you're giving up. Really, you had half the judges being ok, or at least borderline with it. What you need is time away from it to refresh your ears, then a fresh attempt at fixing stuff. Not having bothered to read too much of the votes, my ears say you should lower the bass level and stop trying to make this stupid loud, also soften the flute performance and sort out the instrument placement.

ACO, I think you could do this yourself, at least up to ocr's level, but if you'd rather have someone else take a stab at it, go ahead. Good luck either way. :D

Given the fact that there are orchestral and many other genres of remixes on this site which were arranged, performed, mixed, and mastered by a single person

No.

they did all that for their own arrangements - in this case said person doesn't stand to gain too much at all and will have a lot of time to lose working hard-graft to realise someone else's vision. Well, at least that would be my response.

Good luck on finding someone but don't hold out!

Not to say you can't recruit for someone to give you a hand with the mix / hand over the mix to, a quick look at the the votes on this makes me think you're giving up. Really, you had half the judges being ok, or at least borderline with it. What you need is time away from it to refresh your ears, then a fresh attempt at fixing stuff. Not having bothered to read too much of the votes, my ears say you should lower the bass level and stop trying to make this stupid loud, also soften the flute performance and sort out the instrument placement.

ACO, I think you could do this yourself, at least up to ocr's level, but if you'd rather have someone else take a stab at it, go ahead. Good luck either way. :D

I prefer to let people who know what they're doing and enjoy mixing/mastering music do that. It also makes for a better finished product when everyone does what they're best at. On top of that the whole audio engineering stuff just isn't my thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I prefer to let people who know what they're doing and enjoy mixing/mastering music do that. It also makes for a better finished product when everyone does what they're best at. On top of that the whole audio engineering stuff just isn't my thing.

It's not an engineering problem, the cue is suffering from bad orchestral writing.

It's sounds like a synth because you treat the orchestra like a synth keyboard instead of a dedicated ensemble of 50-80 individual musicians.

The best samples in the world would only marginally help this track sound better.

It's perfectly okay to over-reach your abilities when "remixing" or arranging or even writing--but recognize the real issue when you encounter it, it's not that you don't have the write gear, it's that you haven't developed the right ear.

Keep going, keep writing, but listen, listen, listen and analyze orchestral music played by live orchestras. With time, patience, and a lot of work, you will get better.