PRC229 - The Wheel of Fortune (Parasite Eve)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 229

PRCv9-21

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

We are already nearing the end of the 9th season of PRC. Last round four songs came up. TrollingOrSerious trolled himself up to the last place wooden spoon. A totally different person named Sggod89 claimed the victory:mrgreen:.

This round's source is selected by Sggod89:

Hey guys,

Seeing as the Parasite Eve round yielded some of my favorite remixes to date, I thought I'd try to relive the glory days once again! There's a ton a routes you could take with this source. I hope you guys do an awesome job!

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/Parasite_Eve_Wheel_of_Fortune_v2.mid

PRC229.jpg

Source: Parasite Eve (PS1) - Wheel of Fortune

MID

Youtube

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

Important note

As a bonus prize for the winner of this round, sggod89 has offered to mix and master the winning remix. The winner must be able to send all the stems in wav format. They can also choose to send midi tracks for extra sample layering, resampling, and/or improving.

Hope this well be a fun incentive for everyone to come and participate, and a great chance for the guys who have incredible talent but not production experience!" - sggod89

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY October 15th 2012 at 8:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Important note

As a bonus prize for the winner of this round, sggod89 has offered to mix and master the winning remix. The winner must be able to send all the stems in wav format. They can also choose to send midi tracks for extra sample layering, resampling, and/or improving.

Hope this well be a fun incentive for everyone to come and participate, and a great chance for the guys who have incredible talent but not production experience!" - sggod89

Yep. I hope this gives you guys a little incentive to remix this round. This is obviously geared for the more casual remixers - I probably wouldn't have much I could add to a Dj Mokram tune if he were to enter.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 2 songs are submitted.

To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote, but for the score it does not matter.

Last rounds winner, Sggod89, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, October 17th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC230.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 2 songs are submitted.

To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote, but for the score it does not matter.

Last rounds winner, Sggod89, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, October 17th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC230.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

What!? No Trism =( Oh well, at least DrumJ8 made sure I wasn't lonely in the compo panel this time at least - and I must say that his work is quite grand wot wot *sips tea*.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 4

Maximum Score - 13.

DrumJ8 tried, but he did not get any first place votes. He gets the last place wooden spoon.

And the winner of PRC229 is Hoboka with 13 points.

Congratulations Hoboka, you are the winner. You may select the source for PRC230, and you get the offered price. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before Friday

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC229