City in the Clouds — New album out now!

Usa

Hi there! Long time no see, I guess.

I've been working on an original album for the last half year or so, and the pre-release single has been released on 12/12/12,

just wanted to show it to you since it's definitely RPG/videogame inspired music.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working on it!

UPDATE: Second and third single “Secrets of the Forest” and “Chambers of Stone” out now — listen to them on my ReverbNation account!

UPDATE 2: The album has been released now! You can listen to the whole thing on the BandCamp site!

citccdpackshot.jpg

Edited by Usa
Album release! :)

Wow, so many questions - glad you like what you hear btw.

More information on the album, as well as some sneak previews of some of the other tracks on there can be found in

I can't give a precise date right now, as I am occasionally littered with other things like mixing and mastering gigs that hold me off of this a bit.

For those of you who like to know what I was up to in the recent time, I also produced a single for world class pianist Andreas Svarc early this year

that came out on beautiful yellow and red vinyl and as a digital release (songs can be heard here), with an album to follow next year.

My own album "City in the Clouds" will be released somewhat early 2013, and I'll try do be done with it ASAP, however I have very stringent quality

requirements set up for myself that probably prohibit a January release.

I can however let you know that I already finished recording all instruments, except for a single electric guitar track that will be finished very soon.

Live recorded instruments on this album include:

· grand piano and electric piano variety

· acoustic nylon and electric guitars

· oboe and english horn

· pan flute

· ocarina

As for the questions about distribution, I can only ask people at the label who did this. I just produced this, and they released it.

I hope I was able to answer most of your questions :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hahaha, wow! Sir_NutS, I haven't seen you in ages as well! Glad to know you're still around the scene :)

And great to see all the positive reactions on my upcoming album here, thank you guys!

There will be a third single coming end of June, and I'll show some more booklet artwork from the album here now :-)

cosartwork1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@Zoltan: Yes, the artwork was created exclusively for the album, including character design and storywriting. The album is meant for release on vinyl so these will be printed in very large size (24" x 12") for the booklet. Of course there will also be a CD release with a CD-sized booklet and also digital releases (sadly without any booklet). The vinyl collector's edition will feature a download code for the MP3 version, as well.

Distribution is done by the music label asme music, which just released another album that I partially produced, called "Cross-Section". The artist is a good friend of mine and if you are into atmospheric, spacey electronica, you should check it out :)

The third single for my album will be available shortly, and here is another teaser artwork :-)

nocturne-poster.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Meteo, glad you're following me on this :) Actually I'm pretty close to a release right now, I've already released the third single “Chambers of Stone” and you can listen to it on my ReverbNation account. Also, there will be weekly updates to the album website with new song previews. There are already a lot of them, so for anyone interested in listening to a few more samples from this album you can visit the official website.

Right now I'm finishing the artwork and final touches on the last two songs, after that it will be mastered and pressed, and soon after that available on CD, limited edition vinyl and of course digitally :)

You can expect a September release date for the album if nothing gets screwed up royally :P

MainCover-500px.jpg

Edited by Usa

• 1 month later...

I am finally the first American for something important - I'm the first American to own City In The Clouds! :D

Seriously though, this album is master craftwork. This is literally nothing to hate on it and the amount of effort that went to create something that makes you appreciate the amount of effort that went into it (I almost wanted to be funny and spiral that sentence structure :P) without being pretentious or overly elaborate is stunning.

I'll be doing a detailed review of it later, but expect some high marks when I do. Go get this album if you're a Ghibli fan, it's awesome. :)

And here's the moment you've (hopefully :P) been waiting for: The CD (and digital) version of the album has been released!

My label also set up a beautiful Bandcamp site for me so you can listen to the whole thing (even though the track transitions don't seem to work as intended).

Here's also a picture of the box art of the CD version:

citccdpackshot.jpg

While the album is not available everywhere in its physical CD form yet, it will show up in more places soon (Amazon, etc.) and you can get it right now from CDbaby, which also happens to be the cheapest option to get the CD in the States: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/daniellippert4

If you want to go digital, you can get it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/city-in-the-clouds/id694339330

http://www.amazon.com/City-in-the-Clouds/dp/B00ETIUJQO/

Thanks for your support! I hope you have a great time listening to this musical adventure that took me more than a year to finish and polish! :-)

• 1 month later...

I got some news on the upcoming vinyl version of the album. Sadly, there have been some problems with the pressing and it had to be redone, so it will be released a little later than expected.

However, the longer wait time will be totally worth it, as it will come on transparent blue "cloudy" vinyl in this limited collector's edition which also comes with a full sized 12" color artbook.

This is the original way this album was intended to be like, as all the artwork has been painted in very high resolution for this size, and might look a bit shrinked down for the CD release.

Now I just need to have my fingers crossed that everything will work out this time, and there will be no more delays with this :P

lpmockup.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm really happy to inform all of you that there's an upcoming listening party on Arecibo Radio where my album will be featured, and there's also a prize draw where listeners can win a deluxe set with a limited edition vinyl LP and download version of the album! Tune in on Friday the 13th December on Arecibo Radio if you don't want to miss this :)

More information about the event here!

Edited by Usa