RWS 1-4 ReMixing With the Stars: Season 1 Episode 4: "Yesteryear"

MindWanderer

Yo mindwanderer or anyone who is more updated than I am. I'd Like to know a fun fact about previous episodes. Has any song made for this competition yet passed the panel?

Don't think the competition has been around long enough for that to have happened, yet, but Broken Wings (the winner from the pilot episode) is on the panel as of recently.

Yo mindwanderer or anyone who is more updated than I am. I'd Like to know a fun fact about previous episodes. Has any song made for this competition yet passed the panel?

None of the ones I was a part of, though considering I haven't submitted any of them that's not surprising :-P.

Anyway that sucks about your entry Tuberz, it's really good.

BTW, both of the sources you linked to are the same, any chance you could post the other one?

I plan on submitting my entry from episode 3 at some point. After making a few changes and putting it up for Mod Review.

Tuberz, however, was almost 8 hours late; I'm not sure what time zone you were in, or thought the deadline was in, because the time you submitted was past Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 12:00 PM in every time zone on the planet. So I'm afraid we're going to have to consider this one a bonus mix.

I live in Australia... :/

But yeah. I thought that would happen. Sorry about that. :(

Hope everyone enjoys the track. I'm gonna try sub it with a bit more polish.

Results are up! Tuberz's and Final Kingdom's scores may be a little deflated because of the delays getting them up and approved for voting. I personally felt like this was a particularly tough week to vote, even though the scores don't reflect that so much.

The new month's thread will be up a little later today.

8O Tied for second! I didn't expect that. I had so much trouble with my remix, I didn't get any inspiration until the last five days or so. I was not feeling the source this time around, not that the source is bad. I don't really like my entry very much. :-? But hey, I'll take second place! ;-)

Lol, I love how the title of the winning mix was "Are You Kidding Me?" :lol:

8O Tied for second! I didn't expect that. I had so much trouble with my remix, I didn't get any inspiration until the last five days or so. I was not feeling the source this time around, not that the source is bad. I don't really like my entry very much. :-? But hey, I'll take second place! ;-)

We would have won if you chose one of my amazing titles that I had thought up. But whatev.

Anyway, I think what really kicked your ass was the complexity of the source, it's very deceptive. I got too excited at the notion of working such an ambitious piece of source material that I forgot about the whole novice part of this endeavor. :)

Still, even with the difficulty of the source I think you did okay, and hopefully you picked up a couple things from what I told you. So good job! <3

i enjoyed the piece alot. the awkward time signature makes it harder if you ask me (its 3/4 isnt it?)

It inspired me to mess around with making a remix of it, but im getting nowhere with it so far, so i dont blame you!

This was fun, and it makes me tempted to do it for this next month. But all this homework is dragging me down. IDK. . .

And thank you to DusK for helping me. Despite his warning me it could happen, I feel that my mix was rather forced and not inspired. Oh well.

Maybe I'll see you guys on the next round, if I can get this Spanish out of the way.

We would have won if you chose one of my amazing titles that I had thought up. But whatev.

Anyway, I think what really kicked your ass was the complexity of the source, it's very deceptive. I got too excited at the notion of working such an ambitious piece of source material that I forgot about the whole novice part of this endeavor. :)

Still, even with the difficulty of the source I think you did okay, and hopefully you picked up a couple things from what I told you. So good job! <3

I didn't expect the source to be so hard, but it turned out alright. Yep, you were pretty useful I would say. Unlike that ectogemia guy...I kid, I kid. You were great, ecto. :)!!

i enjoyed the piece alot. the awkward time signature makes it harder if you ask me (its 3/4 isnt it?)

It inspired me to mess around with making a remix of it, but im getting nowhere with it so far, so i dont blame you!

Thanks, glad you liked it! You didn't do too bad yourself!

Yeah, my source was tough. It went from 3/4, then 4/4, then 6/4, and finally back to 3/4.