Assassin's Creed II Remix

Source:

So, basically not sure what to do with the remix so far. I know the production sucks, but I'm talking arrangement wise. I plan to stick with my synths/guitars as I usually do, but that's as far ahead as I have planned. Perhaps some orchestra?

Currently it's not much beyond an intro that goes off into some speed-metal kinda stuff. There is also no actual bass guitar as of yet.

WIP 2: https://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/assassins-creed-remix-wip-ii

WIP 3: https://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/assassins-creed-ii-remix-wip

Any tips, comments and feedback in general is appreciated.

The source you chose is an amazing source. Well done on that!

Now, about your remix, I think it is fine so far but it feels like it's all over the place. I mean, the intro is a calm harpsichord + chorus, then you follow with a sort of rock orchestra (that sounds very cool!), then a part with only rhytm guitar (that sounds very empty), then a part with a techno-ish synth pad and then back to the orchestra rock. I think it'd be better if it was more focused on one style instead of what you have now, especially considering this WIP is less than 2 minutes and already has a shaky structure.

I feel that a rock + orchestra mix is very fitting with the source. You just have to be clever with how you do the arrangement, since it doesn't have that much material you can use IMO. You can isolate some of the lines (piano line, violin line) to create new sections or stuff like that.

EDIT: Maybe you can try with a longer build-up? Instead of going directly from orchestra to fast rock, you can make a section with slow drums and guitar + orchestra.

Don't abandon it, I like what you have going so far.

After the guitar intro, try to come up with one more guitar lick. Maybe some sustained powerchords. Then reinsert the strings with the source melody while keeping the same energy you had established with the guitar.

Then after that come up with something short but completely original for the next section and then use that to help finish the idea.

Take a break from it for a bit then come back to it a month later or so. By then you'll know what you want to do with it.

Good luck!

I think it'd be better if it was more focused on one style
Have to disagree..

Take all you have and mix it together. Length... Make some breakdown, lead section(maybe 3 for each style). Create leading variations of main melody(make'em hard to recognize).

I know, I said nothing useful. But your wip sounds like quick tip, just to remember direction you wanted to go with this. In other words, you asking someone compose it for you. At least it looks like for me.

Use your imagination, cause you can compose it. Sorry if you felt bad.

SFME

Have to disagree..

Take all you have and mix it together. Length... Make some breakdown, lead section(maybe 3 for each style). Create leading variations of main melody(make'em hard to recognize).

I know, I said nothing useful. But your wip sounds like quick tip, just to remember direction you wanted to go with this. In other words, you asking someone compose it for you. At least it looks like for me.

Use your imagination, cause you can compose it. Sorry if you felt bad.

SFME

I just don't really know what do with it is all. I'll try experimenting some more on the weekend.