Sign in to follow this  
Joyzilla

Forum Avatars - RIP

From GenDisc:
Can this please please please please be an avatar (resize as necessary)?

sharkzo6.jpg

Also, I'll sell my soul if it's an avatar that only I can use.

Here you go (some versions so Larry can pick his favorite one):

shark1.gifshark2.gifshark3.gif

LT: I prefer the Shark2 version, but the crappiness of the source image prevents the resize from looking sharp enough. Keep working on it.

I gave it one more try, but it won't look better than this, due to the source pic: 6550yt7.gif

LT: I'd like to, but honestly need the avatar to look better. When you get a better source image, post this one again.

King Dedede (Kirby's Adventure):

dedede.gif

LT: Coo, but can you flip him facing to the right?. If not, no big deal.

Ah yes, of course:

dedede_2.gif

LT: Normally facing left or right doesn't matter, but something just didn't look right for that Dedede one. Thanks.

Kuros from Wizards & Warriors:

kuros.gif

LT: Would take it, but his feet cut off at the bottom. Any way you can do a fixed version?

Alas, that's his full height - no black pixels under his feet. I could add some in but at the cost of clipping (or comically rounding) his head:

kuros_2.gif

kuros_3.gif

LT: Unable to get a good resize? I know how sometimes resizing by one pixel only causes the image to look distorted, but perhaps give it a try. Otherwise, just gimme the full image.

EDIT: Wait a minute, here we go!

kuros_FULL.gif

Looking closely, I found there were three rows of pixels on Kuros's helmet that looked the same. I cut one of them... and he doesn't look too retarded imo.

LT: Sweeeet.

arc.GIF

LT: Too small. Don't wanna squint at it just to try and figure out what it is. I guess that might be from a pause menu or lil' icon in a corner, but go for something bigger.

ZOMG I know what that's from now.

I might try a resize or two from the game.

Pokémon Red/Blue - Trainer (in battle):

pokemontrainerincombatnu5.gif

LT: Nah. The image is of the guy's back. Fugget about it! Only works for Space Harrier!

Sam & Max - Max:

samandmaxmaxns7.gif

Sam & Max - Sam:

samandmaxsammw0.gif

LT: Sweet. Excellent choice.

Finally if anyone can do a good Phoenix Wright 'objection' then I'd appreciate it. This is what crap happened when I tried:

phoenixwrightobjectionnn6.gif

LT: Indeed, OBJECTION!

rabitedk1.gif

Come on, dude. It's a fucking Rabite, the most recognizable character of the Mana/Seiken Densetsu series. I brightened it up for you.

LT: OH, it's a rabbi! Why didn't you say so, boychick? (Good job brightening up the bitch.)

ResizeWizard-2copy.gif

Jehuty from Zone of the Enders, not the best I've done but I just wanted to get some feedback.

I am also working one for Anubis that I'll post later today.

EDIT: Alright, I finished the Anubis one,

Smalla.gif

Not the best, but I'll tweak it later.

LT: Yeah, rather ghetto transparency (and resizing) attempts. Keep working on 'em.

Can we add in some Calvin and Hobbes? Here's a cheapo that I made, certainly ready for someone else to make better of a Transmogrified Calvin.

TransmofridiedCalvin.gif

LT: Well, it's a start. If someone else wants to run with the idea, be my guest.

Here's a few of some Nack sprites from Triple Trouble. I'm considering trying to make some out of the Drift 2 stuff and possibly some comic scans but especially in the case of comic scans, it would require some serious tweaking to not look like fish.

Anyway

nackglarehg3.gif

nackrestco0.gif

nacktaunthq5.gif

LT: First two aren't that good, and I already accepted a sub of that 3rd one, only brighter and faced in the other direction. But keep subbing more ideas as long as they're good.

edit: Ah, I see that now back on the 7th page. I don't mind putting extra effort into fixing up a sprite to make it submission worthy, but I'm a bit confused, what was it that's wrong with the sprites? Comparing what I did with the accepted one the other guy made, I notice his is brighter and thus, clearer. Is that all though? You have a better eye so I don't mind asking before I start.

It's a bit difficult because the only sprites of Nack are poor quality gamegear ones in the first place. But I'm not asking for sympathy, just suggestions.

LT: Sega Genesis (possibly Game Gear too) sprites tend to be darker than normal, so they usually need to be brightened a little bit to match up with our typical forum avatars. In the case of Nack above, the sprites are just ugly, so there's nothing you can so about that.

Heroes - Battle of Olympus guy and Mike from Startropics 2:

battle_of_olympus.gifstartropics2_mike.gif

Vehicles - Excitebike and R.C. Pro Am:

excitebike.gifrc_pro_am.gif

Baddies - Agahnim (Zelda 3) and Earthbound's Spiteful Crow:

agahnim.gifeb_spiteful_crow.gif

And some damsels - Lufia and Zelda (SNES):

lufia.gifzelda3.gif

LT: Awesome choices, bro. Took everything except the R.C. Pro-Am car. If you can just brighten that up a little so that it's more along the lines of the other avatars, I'll definitely add that as well. Nice work.

Edit: Like this?

rc_pro_am.gif:arrow:rc_pro_am_brighter.gif

LT: Well played.

Requesting avatar of Hercule Poirot, played by David Suchet in the televised British series about the fictional Belgian detective created by Agatha Christie. The character is just too awesome to pass up. Or not.

tingle.gif

Tingle tingle, kooloo limpah?

calvin.gifhobbes.gif

Calvin & Hobbes

LT: Resizes don't look sharp and the edges are messed up. And whatever that first one is, don't bother with it. :-D

Requesting avatar of Hercule Poirot, played by David Suchet in the televised British series about the fictional Belgian detective created by Agatha Christie. The character is just too awesome to pass up. Or not.
7194da7.gif

LT: See CE below. The resize is a little too sharp. Smooth it out more, and it'll have a better chance.

7194da7.gif

Give it a little cleanup and I'm <3

Coop has re-done the Transmogrified Calvin for me.

Transmogrified.gif

LT: Make the background some sort of pleasing shade of off-white (while not touching Hobbes), and I'll take it.

Pleasing backgrounds.

TransmogrifiedCalvintan.gif

TransmogrifiedCalvinlighttan.gif

Thanks again, Coop.

LT: Make the background some sort of pleasing shade of off-white (while not touching Hobbes), and I'll take it.

LT: Change the background color while not touching the white color within Transmogrified Calvin's/Hobbes' body. Keep that part of the image white. The light or dark orange BGs would be aight, since it's Calvin & Hobbes.