Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

It would help if you guys had cooler subjects. All you're doing is pictures of random characters nobody cares about.

Ok, I'm exaggerating...but only a little.

Metroid

21564a99.gif

Kirby (just in case you want something a little different)

9af07a3f.gif

Mario

f6376482.gif9eb7799e.gifec477c4b.gif10c44d9a.gif

Zelda

97e82804.gifad973882.gif0a7aa33e.gif48ff404e.gif2dbfda1c.gif

Some of them may have been posted in here before...I can't be bothered to look through all the pages. X_X

LT: Samus is fine, the rest don't look that good or aren't that cool.

It would help if you guys had cooler subjects. All you're doing is pictures of random characters nobody cares about.
if no one has requests, I do avatars from games in the OCR archive, as approved by Larry.
Kirby (the only one we have now is rather ugly)

9af07a3f.gif

Some of them may have been posted in here before...I can't be bothered to look through all the pages. X_X

it has been said that no other Kirby avatars are going to be taken, if I'm not wrong. that's why I'm not making any of them. there are like 5 or 6 in the current bunch waiting to be uploaded.

Because I really want it, and I couldn't find them, I have to request a Dudley (Street Fighter 3: Third Strike) advatar, and a Duck King (KoF 11 & Fatal Fury Real Bout) advatar if anyone can handel those

EDIT: Also, I'm not finding any Dan Hibiki...

Ooh. Then how long will it take to upload them?
from the FIRST POST on this thread:
I'm de facto in charge of quality control and accepting new avatars, but want to make it clear that AFAIK nothing is going to get added to the avatars until AFTER the vBulletin forums migration, which could be anywhere from 2 weeks from now, to God only knows when. So please don't worry about it if we get backlogged and stuff isn't added immediately.
I just based my stuff on what was available in the gallery.
take a quick look in the thread, because there are hundreds here. also, Larry's blue comments will help you to see which level of quality they are searching for.
Duck King (KoF 11 & Fatal Fury Real Bout)
here you are, from Fatal Fury Special (with and without border, so Larry can choose):

ffsDuckKing01.gifffsDuckKing02.gif

my favorite character in that game, while I always played as Big Bear because he was stronger.

edit:

DuckKing0003.gif

LT: With border, thanks.

take a quick look in the thread, because there are hundreds here. also, Larry's blue comments will help you to see which level of quality they are searching for.

I took a look, but it definitely wasn't quick.

I saw that part about the vBulletin forums, but it hadn't hit me that this was one of those phpBB things. XD I'm just stupid.

Pardon me for asking, but why on earth are we being forced to use these generalized avatars? I don't see how it's your problem if someone wants to use their own unique avatar, even if it is crappy. 32x32 also sucks.

Pardon me for asking, but why on earth are we being forced to use these generalized avatars? I don't see how it's your problem if someone wants to use their own unique avatar, even if it is crappy. 32x32 also sucks.
because the phpBB size limiter for off-site avatars doesn't work. you can set it to 1x1 and load a 42379x234789 avatar with no warnings at all. this would destroy the forum. a gallery is the only way to go.

well, there are some java-resizer for custom avatars, but they make the code heavier.

because the phpBB size limiter for off-site avatars doesn't work. you can set it to 1x1 and load a 42379x234789 avatar with no warnings at all. this would destroy the forum. a gallery is the only way to go.

well, there are some java-resizer for custom avatars, but they make the code heavier.

in fact, you can do that, but the problem is, that the browser download the whole pic and resize it after. that mean if everyone (like some stupid forum i know) use a wallpaper size pic, that slow a lot the navigation.

How exactly is that a problem? You can always set a dimension and filesize limit.

LT: And if we DID set a dimensions limit, people's crappy custom images would get squashed. I prefer a generally uniform look to the avatars. Once the new stuff is made available, I believe there will be less need to think about custom avatars due to the large selection.

How exactly is that a problem? You can always set a dimension and filesize limit.
again: it doesn't work when linking to off-site avatars.

not sure about why they don't allow us to upload avatars on OCR. the size limiter works in this case. bandwidth issues, perhaps.

EazyP made an avatar and asked me to upload it for him: duck1ba2.gif

This is Duck King's little duck.

LT: Shrink it to normal size. Too pixelated.

EDIT: My post above was on EazyP's request. This is my stuff instead.

A car from Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars:

AlexKiddLostStars-Car.gif

Characters from Super Puzzle Fighters 2 Turbo:

spf2tChunLi.gifspf2tDonovan.gifspf2tFelicia.gifspf2tHsienKo.gifspf2tKen.gifspf2tMorrigan.gifspf2tRyu.gifspf2tSakura.gif

Sakura gets one more, still from SPF2T:

spf2tSakura02.gif

because I <3 Sakura

I'm going to edit this post later, because I want to add also the hidden characters (Dan, Akuma, Devilot), but I don't have them unlocked right now.

---

lol, I reinstalled that game and I played it for like 3 hours, I forgot how much I love Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo :lol:

Here is Akuma: spf2tAkuma.gif

and two Dan: spf2tDan.gifspf2tDan2.gif

I made two of them because I know that Dan is a loved character on the forum (hey EazyP)

who cares about Devilot. that character is hidden for a reason.

LT: If there are any more characters missing, go ahead and add them if they look ok. Can you flip Dan & Akuma to the right? Awesome stuff.

Here is Akuma: spf2tAkuma.gif

and two Dan: spf2tDan.gifspf2tDan2.gif

I made two of them because I know that Dan is a loved character on the forum (hey EazyP)

who cares about Devilot. that character is hidden for a reason.

LT: If there are any more characters missing, go ahead and add them if they look ok. Can you flip Dan & Akuma to the right? Awesome stuff.

ripping Devilot is a pain because of her crown... it's really hard to trim properly, but I managed to do that, pixel by pixel.

so:

spf2tAkuma_m.gifspf2tDan_m.gifspf2tDan2_m.gifspf2tDevilot.gif

LT: Sorry you underwent the effort to trim the image, but it does look pretty bad anyway. Not your fault; I can see why you didn't include it last time around. Thanks for flipping the other characters. It doesn't matter whether they face left or right, but they might as well all face the same direction.

N: yeah, I ripped some of them while playing as player 2 (because of the code that unlock hidden characters), so they were facing the wrong direction. you're right, it's better if they all are consistent.

oh, and here is EazyP's duck, I resized it: duck1ba2st6.gif (16x16 lol)

LT: Too small.

• 3 weeks later...

Battletoads:

battletoads_1.gifbattletoads_2.gifbattletoads_3.gifbattletoads_4.gif

LT: As much as I loved that game, these sprites look lame.

Castlevania 2 people:

cv2_simon.gifcv2_oldman.gifcv2_youngman.gif

LT: Nah.

Castlevania 3 figures and weapons:

cv3_trevor_cape.gifcv3_trevor.gifcv3_grant_1.gifcv3_grant_2.gifcv3_alucard.gifcv3_boomerang.gifcv3_holy_water.gifcv3_skeleton.gifcv3_skeleton_whip.gif

LT: Skeleton with a bone whip? Sure.

A brighter Doom soul cube (I can't stand the current one):

doom_soulcube.gif:arrow:doom_soulcube_brighter.gif

LT: Brighter is good, but it's a little too bright.

Pocky and Rocky (SNES):

pocky.gifrocky.gif

LT: Word.

A Legendary Wings angel, Rygar (2 views), and the Noid from Yo! Noid:

lwings_background.gifrygar_side.gifrygar_forward.gifyo_noid.gif

LT: Second Rygar looks good.

I also changed some old avatars. Have a look.

• 2 weeks later...
LT: Very cool, but they're all very dark; can you compare them to some of the lighter avatars and match that level of brightness?

sure thang boss

blargg.gifbowser.gifbumpty.giffish.gif

froggy.gifkoopa.giflakitu.gifmagikoopa.gif

piranhaplant.gifpoochy.gifraven.gifwiggler.gif

yoshi.gif

nineko did all the work though, I'm just the deliver boy

LT: Ironically enough, now they're a bit too light. Adjust 'em a little more. These would make great additions.