Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

We really need spoiler tags.

Sorry man. I've edited it to a url now anyway.

Gears of War - gearsofwar1qs1.gif

LT: Too blurry and dim. I'd like to be able to add this one at some point though.

Rhythm Tengoku - rhythmtengoku1iq3.gif

LT: I know the game background is white, but can you do something off-white or colored so that it doesn't look so empty as an avatar?

Perfect Dark (dataDyne Logo) - pddatadynemc5.gif

LT: Oh, you mean from this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DataDyne - Hell naw. I'd rather get a nice screen caputre of the logo, not some bootleg MS Paint image.

Elebits - elebits2jt0.gif

LT: A little too gray for that background. Try something that's less contrasting with that red Elebit and blends better with the edges of it.

I dunno, I think that kinda makes it lose some of its simple "retro" feel. Black or transparent background is best, in my opinion.

I made a black background several pages back, and LT didn't like it. He said they were "too plain", and suggested trying to do something that gave them a "cooler background". So, that's what I'm trying to do.

Of course, since the game's from 1978, I'm not sure what the issue is with the sprites looking as they do. But the game's a classic, and it deserves to be included, so I'm trying my best.

Actually, Coop, some Space Invaders were already submitted here (link). But you can probably do something with this guy you subbed: SI5.gif

----------

Anyway, since it's impossible now for LT to edit comments into posts with more than 4 images in them, I'm helping Doulifée out with his post here (linky linky). Here's a one-image screen capture / visual aid:

doulifee_post.png

Larry can leave comments for Douli's avatars in my post.

LT: Took Rachel and Sensei from Advance Wars, the second Phoenix, and the second Harumi. There's no reason to make the backgrounds for the Advance Wars sprites transparent. Just resizing them with their existing solid backgrounds looks good, IMO.

Actually, Coop, some Space Invaders were already submitted here (link). But you can probably do something with this guy you subbed: SI5.gif

Wait...

LT tells me they're too plain on a black background, but he was cool with a submission from six months ago with them on a black background (which I missed incidentally)? Was he replaced with a robot?

LT: The white-colored ones were too plain on a black background. Adding color to the enemies got rid of that.

For Unsung Plumber:

Anubis

anubis.gifanubis2.gif

Jehuty

jehuty.gifjehuty2.gif

I had to remove their wings because they were just cluttering the image. With such obscure-shaped bodies, it was difficult to tell what the hell they were with all the background clutter.

LT: Kinda hard to even tell what they are just by looking at them. Shaky on taking 'em. Mind linking to some source images?

For Unsung Plumber:

Anubis

anubis.gifanubis2.gif

Jehuty

jehuty.gifjehuty2.gif

I had to remove their wings because they were just cluttering the image. With such obscure-shaped bodies, it was difficult to tell what the hell they were with all the background clutter.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Sorry about that.

Those look awesome, Jehuty looks a little strange without the shoulder, but it is correct.

Thanks a lot!

Now let's hope LT likes it.

• 3 weeks later...

Another attempt at a Kinnikuman avatar.

321564564156by8.gif

LT: Is that from one of the games? Looks like it. What's up with the red mask, a different persona? Just interested. Looks like a go.

It's from one of the opening sequences from the TV series.

The mask is just something he likes to wear to look more intimidating. Occasionally he likes to wear different costumes to the ring to gain fan support.

For Unsung Plumber:

Anubis

anubis.gifanubis2.gif

Jehuty

jehuty.gifjehuty2.gif

LT: Kinda hard to even tell what they are just by looking at them. Shaky on taking 'em. Mind linking to some source images?

links to source from my earlier post and in my sig.

Jehuty

Anubis

Giant Photos.

Actually, LT, that Okami avatar has a blank background, so it'll just blend in with whatever's back there. But, I made some gray shades.

okamiavatargray-1.gif

I like the blank one better, personally.

Also, here's my version of Jehuty.

jehutyavatar.gif

And Anubis.

anubisavatar.gif

LT: Looks good, just need some sort of colored background for Anubis, since there's so much empty space. Also mentioning that I tired the first Okami as my custom avatar and it didn't come up as transparent on the silver here, so I'm taking this other one instead.

Actually, LT, that Okami avatar has a blank background, so it'll just blend in with whatever's back there. But, I made some gray shades.

okamiavatargray-1.gif

I like the blank one better, personally.

Also, here's my version of Jehuty.

jehutyavatar.gif

And Anubis.

anubisavatar.gif

Whoa, that's really good. :nicework:

wormguy's ZOE avatars are much better. Don't even bother with mine.

Nice job man!

yours still get a (Imagine nicework guy here) from me.

I tried red and gray, because I couldn't think of anything. Any suggestions?

anubisavatargray.gif

anubisavatarred.gif

And it's cool if you take the gray Okami avatar. It looks fine, and it'll work if the transparency is bugged out.

Also, thanks for the props, folks.

LT: Looked like Cerrax developed a nice orange gradient scheme based off his eye color.

worm: Ha! That's good. I will use that.

How's this color?

anubisavatarorange-1.gif

LT: Too dark IMO, but you're gettin' there.