Any OC ReMixers interested in participating in a Convention Panel in East Tennessee?

Meteo Xavier

The anime/video game convention scene where I live is really starting to build, and today I got an extremely rare invitation to help build a GAME MUSIC/OCREMIX panel for an upcoming convention in Pigeon Forge, TN called MAGMACON that will be sometime in March 2014.

I was asked to function as a panelist and help represent Ocremix by one of the local businesses that will be a major part of the con. An invitation like that doesn't come to me everyday and I would love to do so, but due to my autism, I cannot function as a sole panelist and representative, neither can I carry a spotlight by myself for a full hour.

Therefore, I was asked to see if anyone else within range of East Tennessee would be interested in helping me present and represent game music and Ocremix. I don't think it will be a huge room, maybe 30 people or more, but thats still more than I can carry by myself.

I have no experience doing this kind of thing before, and while I definitely want to do it (as I may never get this invitation again), I could use all the help I could get. :) I guess this thread is asking if anyone wants to join me on it and asking what do I need to do to represent OCREMIX appropriately?

I guess there's several people close to Nashville. I don't know if this is something anyone would want to travel many hours for. I know the con scene really is building something in Sevier County - the last few that happened here (and the only few in the history of the city) were considerably larger and better than anyone was expecting, but it's still reasonably small potatoes compared to other cons OCR has had a presence at.

Part of why I think it would be cool to build that is Pigeon Forge is a center of music. It's country music - its where Dolly Parton built her theme park(s) after all, but there is a genuine music presence here that I think is finally ready to turn some sort of tide and allow some more nerd-friendly activities alongside the mainstream and family friendly bits.

I would fear anyone who comes would get bored to tears before and after the panel. If you don't like minigolf, go karts, or Appalachian mountain activities, its slim pickins across the three cities. I love it personally, but I find I'm in a very awkward minority. :S