Round four: Chrono Cross: Another Termina

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDXzPJt59shJNdFv_52r7mLcjimMzgNUi-2tcz34DeCCYm-XGyiA

Midi

Starts: 17/11/2013

Ends: 28/11/2013 @ 2PM

Vote Stage: Nov 28 to 30

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Slight alterations of the source are encouraged, but not required.

2. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

3. Stay relatively close to the source's mood and notation. Refer to the example tracks for reference.

4. Any genre is acceptable, so long as it doesn't affect point #3 too much.

5. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

6. Don't make any qualitative remarks about your submissions until after the voting stage.

7. When voting, please try to put enjoyability first, but consider production values as well.

Example Tracks:

FF7_RedXIII_Redux,

EWJ_Wormaphobic Disorder, Source

Terranigma_EnigmaOfABrokenSoul,

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- Don't be afraid to collaborate

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as you aren't going overboard with 'em ;)

- *Some* source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and

MnP

I've done a couple of remixes in 3/4, when the sources were in 4/4. I actually find it a lot of fun. Haven't tried 5/4, but then I never cared for Shakespeare either. (The poetry, anyway; the stories are good.) I fully intended to try to do this one because I expected to be out of the FFCC now, so hopefully next time.

Och aye! Thes has got an stoat Scottish soond tae it! if Ah gie time efter daein' mah remixin' wi' th' stars entry Ah micht hae a gang at thes a wee body.

please do laddie, w'eve got nae tracks fer this roond yet. *clears throat* My Scottish is a tad rusty :P

I might extend this for a few days if anyone's interested in attempting this one still. I know...FF Crystal Clash definitely overshadowed both MnP and PRC, but if you guys find the time 'n energy to get something in here, that'd be awesome.

~cheers =p

please do laddie, w'eve got nae tracks fer this roond yet. *clears throat* My Scottish is a tad rusty :P

I might extend this for a few days if anyone's interested in attempting this one still. I know...FF Crystal Clash definitely overshadowed both MnP and PRC, but if you guys find the time 'n energy to get something in here, that'd be awesome.

~cheers =p

Scottish is... open to interpretation most of the time, usually by the Scots themselves :razz:

You've still got just under 5 days dude; don't worry about extensions until you've got no mixes in on the eve of the deadline :)

Scottish is... open to interpretation most of the time, usually by the Scots themselves :razz:

You've still got just under 5 days dude; don't worry about extensions until you've got no mixes in on the eve of the deadline :)

it's the anxiety talking. Gotta stop stressing the small things lol. So, yeah, I'll just do it that way. Thx for the tip lol.

I tried to do something for this, but i might have to bail because i need to get my overclocked christmas entry done, and i dont have a single day off until the 6th, and its due on the 10th.

I just cant manage to get a good soundscape.

Ok np. I'm hoping the next source tune will be a bit more approachable. If no one submits then I'm going to have to pick one myself :3