I have this idea for a project. What do you think?

The Legendary Zoltan

My idea is to make a remix album of every fanfare or victory theme that exists for a console. For example there are 33 RPGs on the NES. 16 of them have victory themes and one of those has two victory themes so there a total of 17 NES RPG victory themes. I want to remix them in basically a rock style but have the main melodies sung by several people. I'm thinking that it will be like if the player actually did win the battle and they sang along as the victory theme played. That's the effect I was considering.

I want to know if you think there is an audience who wants to hear something like this. Preferably a large one. Haha. Also if you think there are some alterations to my ideas that could make it better. For example, should I just do the popular fanfares instead of doing the all. Stuff like that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

i dunno if the audience would be big or not, as i have no way to predict such things. HOWEVER, people love concept albums, and not only does this idea have the theme of victory( which are always fun and underrated) it has the rock element ( which can be very victorious) as well as the vocals. i think if done right, the vocals can really top off the whole thing. So all in all, it sounds like a fun idea to me!

good luck!

The part where you may struggle is the fact that most victory themes are incredibly short.

Remember Battle City? I think we did it pretty "long"(btw, I steel want ending lead from you). Lvl-up from SD3 so as and Mysterious curse from Bloodlines, pretty short.. I don't think length of the source is a big problem. Still you going to need lot more motivation to actually "take" short source..

I like the concept. It will be fun.