Found this huge list of soundfonts

Weird scenario here, but I just found this website that is hosting this HUGE list of free, downloadable soundfonts. I wonder if people here can test them on their own time and pick out what they like, 'cause I haven't tried any of these before, and neither have many people here. :)

http://beats.codenamehippie.com/samples/SoundFrontz/

Edited by timaeus222

I'll give it a shot at testing but i don't have enough musical knowledge to share with you guys what is good or not so i'll just pick what i think "sounds" nice. I hope this gets my inspirtaion back up a little bit. Thanks for sharing :)

Hm, Piccolo.sf2 isn't too bad. If you treat it with some fitting reverb and automate the volume, it can sound like this:

https://app.box.com/s/5g2trgj4jvk9ebo09daj

You can tell it's fake from the lack of round robins and articulations, but it's not quite as noticeable as the dry one, eh? The things you can do with soundfonts... :)

Oh yeah, i'm doing stuff with 90% soundfonts atm. Dont have my kontakt dvds here.

Found a mellotron and chamberlain (its predecessor) soundfont that i love to death. No velocity layers, one sample per key like the original. It sounds alive because each key is articulated a bit differently.

The greatest thing with soundfonts is that FL pitch event notes work. I'm using them so much for just volume changes by now. It's easier than automation!