Nintendo DS

The Damned

So, did anyone check out the my.nintendo.com deal with Best Buy of buy 2 DS games and get one free? It doesn't work with preorders, and you have to register a DS with my.nintendo.com . Then, you go to my.nintendo.com/bestbuyds and voila, choose your 3 games and it will automatically adjust the cart (make sure you have and are logged into bestbuy.com) The only thing is though that Best Buy is having some technical difficulties with checking out, so try it tomorrow or something like that.

I just got a bit of extra cash, so I'm wondering which game out of these to blow it on:

Starfox

Metroid Prime Hunters

Castlevania

Sonic Rush

Also, the Star Trek game coming out in October looks cool too...

Prime Hunters is the win. Love that game. I personally think it's the best game on the DS.

Sonic Rush you can skip unless you're a big Sonic fan.

This thread should be evidence enough of my opinion of Starfox.

Never played Castlevania; not my genre.

I just got a bit of extra cash, so I'm wondering which game out of these to blow it on:

Starfox

Metroid Prime Hunters

Castlevania

Sonic Rush

Also, the Star Trek game coming out in October looks cool too...

Hunters is an amazing game. Friend codes screw it up like all DS games but it's online mode is pretty godly. Easily my favorite DS game.

Star Fox is great online too but the single player is very disappointing.

Dawn of Sorrow is a great game, but as with all single player games you'll have no use for it eventually. Try to rent or borrow it.

Sonic Rush is okay. Outside of the boss battles, I was pretty bored with it. But I never liked the Sonic sidescrollers all that much so my opinion probably doesn't mean much.

Got Mario 3on3 today and Deep Labyrinth and totally forgot ZX was coming out tomorrow. Oh well, my bro might get it anyways.

Mario 3on3 is pretty fun, I really like it, but it's too easy right now, hopefully it gets harder.

Played Deep Labyrinth yet?

STARTING IT NOW!

Man, there's just too many good DS games around. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass comes out next month, and so does the new Castlevania. Life is good for DS owners.

After the summer dry spell, I'm pretty happy for all this stuff.

Also, I heard LOZ:PH was delayed until early 07, but I'm not sure if it really was.

So is anyone else getting/already have a black DS Lite? I preordered mine from EBGames. It shipped yesterday via 2-Day Air UPS, so if it's on schedule I should get it tomorrow. But it might take an extra day because of where I live. Anyway, I can't wait!

Sonic Rush is okay. Outside of the boss battles, I was pretty bored with it. But I never liked the Sonic sidescrollers all that much so my opinion probably doesn't mean much.
Yeah, it seemed really cool at first but it gets boring after a while. I think it's a really good game to show off the DS Lite, though. I got the game when it came out, and after I hadn't played it in a long time I leant it to my friend who has a DS Lite. Now I had never seen a DS Lite in person before, and the next day when I saw him playing it, I had to seriously stop and wonder if it was the same game! Really, play that game on full brightness. The colors are amazing! Maybe it's just because it's the first game I saw played on a Lite, but compare it to playing on the old DS. It's awesome.

I'm looking for some feedback. Is Deep Labyrinth worth my cash, or do I save it for something better? I'm sure it's been discussed, but I was thinking about it. IGN gave it a mediocre score.

IGN actually gave it one of the highest scores it received.

Also, Sonic Rush is one of the best games on the DS, pick it up whenever you have extra cash to spend.

I'm looking for some feedback. Is Deep Labyrinth worth my cash, or do I save it for something better? I'm sure it's been discussed, but I was thinking about it. IGN gave it a mediocre score.

Well, battles are really slow, but the soundtrack is freaking awesome. The guy swings the sword a little slowly, but I think it's pretty fun so far. I really like walking around and killing stuff so this seems like a game for me.

Man, there's just too many good DS games around. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass comes out next month, and so does the new Castlevania. Life is good for DS owners.

Also, I heard LOZ:PH was delayed until early 07, but I'm not sure if it really was.

It was. IGN has it set for Q1 '07.

It's a fun game.

If you like real-time dungeon crawling, this game is for you. If you like first person games with melee combat, this game is for you.

The story isn't anything special, but the game handles very well (I can't for the life of me figure out why so many reviewers had control problems; they're very intuitive). The music, by Yasunori Mitsuda, is AWESOME. Some very very good tunes.

The game is rather easy, but the satisfaction comes in trying to find all the secret items or hidden rooms rather than surviving. There are also two distinct scenarios each with their own story. Chapter 1 was made specifically for the DS version. while Chapter 2 is an adaptation of a Japanese cell phone game (it's also more difficult, though still fairly easy, and billed as the chapter for more "mature" players).

All in all, I had a lot of fun with the game, even though the only area it would be considered outstanding in is in the music category. But it's good for portable play with frequent save points.

Were I to review the game, I would give it a 7.5/10

I know this is a bit old, but I picked up Megaman Battle Network 4: Red Sun and I can't put it down. It's so sexy. I love the gameplay. Pretty much all of the installments from Megaman Battle Network are really well done. You guys should go out and buy it. Buy it now. Buy it now. Buy it now!

All the stores seem to have LoZ:PH to be released around October 12th or 16th or something like that.

Also, I'm going to pick up Mega Man ZX tomorrow and play it on my gorgeous black DS Lite. I am also waiting for Best Buy to clear up those technical problems on their website to buy NSMB, Animal Crossing, and Mario & Luigi 2 and save $35 (free game).

It's a fun game.

If you like real-time dungeon crawling, this game is for you. If you like first person games with melee combat, this game is for you.

The story isn't anything special, but the game handles very well (I can't for the life of me figure out why so many reviewers had control problems; they're very intuitive). The music, by Yasunori Mitsuda, is AWESOME. Some very very good tunes.

The game is rather easy, but the satisfaction comes in trying to find all the secret items or hidden rooms rather than surviving. There are also two distinct scenarios each with their own story. Chapter 1 was made specifically for the DS version. while Chapter 2 is an adaptation of a Japanese cell phone game (it's also more difficult, though still fairly easy, and billed as the chapter for more "mature" players).

All in all, I had a lot of fun with the game, even though the only area it would be considered outstanding in is in the music category. But it's good for portable play with frequent save points.

Were I to review the game, I would give it a 7.5/10

Yeah, it's pretty fun. Gameplay wise, I would call it like a first person Diablo. You walk around and kill things and find items. You can upgrade your weapons and stuff too. I like it so far, but I'm having a bit control problems with the lite, my diagnal right/up is kinda weird and I have to press really hard, but that's just my DS I think.

Never played Castlevania; not my genre.

This is why you don't trust Phthisis. :P But seriously, if you're a fan of Super Metroid, Castlevania is bound to appeal to you.

Also, I think everyone who says Sonic Rush was boring is touched in the head. Hands down easily the best Sonic game since S3&K, with a phenomenal soundtrack to match (you really need to use headphones or hook it up to your PC speakers to get the full effect). The levels are very dense and well-designed (at least IMO), and the trick system makes sure there's never any downtime. Oh yeah, and also best special stage ever. :)