Nintendo DS

The Damned

Yeah... too bad it's in MOON LANGUAGE.

Jesus Christ! It's in Japanese! Clearly the storyline and dialogue are the best aspects

in this game, we can't possibly appreciate the visuals or music now! Shit!

And I did go there JoeFu.

Yeah... too bad it's in MOON LANGUAGE.

Jesus Christ! It's in Japanese! Clearly the storyline and dialogue are the best aspects

in this game, we can't possibly appreciate the visuals or music now! Shit!

And I did go there JoeFu.

Actually, I meant that without being able to accurately follow the layout of the page, it would be difficult to find everything on that page. I'm not one to haphazardly stumble around a flash driven site in a language I have no comprehension of. Therefore, finding the artwork and music you speak of would be, at best, a random chance.

Well, the music is on the site and it loads automatically and I just click around to find stuff. I'm not Japanese, but I can still click around to find things.

ALSO: It seems Game Informer might have been wrong. Reading Neogaf and someone said the Nintendo Dream magazine in Japan says Zelda DS is still going to be out first quarter.

The official pokemon page, www.pokemon.com, has a new section announcing Diamond and Pearl. Until yesterday, it also had a date of April 22nd, 2007 as the release date. However, the page has been edited to remove the date for some reason.

Various sites like serebii.net and bulbapedia.net made note of this date before the omission, so it can be verified.

Only a week before my birthday. Nice. Too bad I'll have to hold off getting the game, since I have a course I need to pass in May. You know how it is; you get a new game, you play it all the time, you forget to study...

I just want to let everyone know that in the past 24 hours I have discovered that Age of Empires DS is the best game for the system. It's also the best SRPG I've pretty much ever played (yes, even better than Advance Wars).

Wait...did you just Describe AoE:DS as Strategy RPG? Did they really do that much genre changing to it when they brought it to the system?

Also, am I the only one excited about the fact that the next Mana game for DS is going to be a 'build and send' strategy game with a Wi-Fi mode? :?

I really question the direction they're taking the Mana series. Of course, a lot of people have doubts even after Legend of Mana. But I know some people who did like Legend of Mana a lot whereas some did not like it at all. It's a love it or hate it type of game, in my opinion. But now, after releasing another Mana game and having plans for another one, I really don't know. Children of Mana is a more dungeon crawler. But it definitely wants you to take advantage of the multiplayer aspect. I feel that this is somewhat too far off from what the original series first started as, in the sense that multiplayer was optional (but loads of fun) and it was your more conventional real-time RPG.

News of the next Mana game has me worried. If executed correctly, then it'd be a good thing. However, I don't want a half-baked game trying to do too much at one time.

But wasn't there a Seiken Densetsu 4 coming out for PS2 (if it didn't already come out)? Out of all of the Mana games, I think I'd like to play that one. It seems as if Square-Enix is teasing DS owners...

From the description in the article it didn't seem to me that they were attempting much more than an RTS with a twist (emphasis on killing heroes as opposed to buildings). Portable, "Starcraft Lite" is fine by me. :lol:

As for the direction the series as a whole is taking, hasn't the franchise made it something of a point to be something a little bit different each time and never quite fit into the standard mold?

[edit] Admittedly, it's been a while since I played the SNES incarnations and I have limited experience with the other versions. I just remember the impression that the games never really had the same feel as one another. Could just be me.

I just want to let everyone know that in the past 24 hours I have discovered that Age of Empires DS is the best game for the system. It's also the best SRPG I've pretty much ever played (yes, even better than Advance Wars).

Wait...did you just Describe AoE:DS as Strategy RPG? Did they really do that much genre changing to it when they brought it to the system?

Yes, it is a turn-based SRPG. But it's so awesome. There's still an emphasis on building towns and buildings and researching technology. For example, if you train a villager (the only unit that can build) and have him construct a church, you can then train Monks. Monks are able to heal units and convert enemies to your side. Also, having a church allows you to research religious abilities, like making Monks have higher defense, etc. You also have resource management in that you need to build mills and farms as well as gold mines (on their appropriate map locations when you see a vein of gold or a field of wheat) in order to collect materials to build the aforementioned structures.

It's such a deep and rewarding game. Last night I was playing as the French, and the English were laying siege to my town. I trained up a group of Paladins, and then on their turn moved them around the town and took out the enemy troops gathered near the front gate.

Such an awesome game; best game on the DS, IMO.

Yeah, so Kirby and the Squeak Squad is really, really short.

In three days of on-and-off playing, I managed to get 100%. That's including two recharges (battery is dying or something) and not playing for most of Monday.

But there is power mixing. Sort of. The fire, electric and ice powers can be combines with the sword and bomb powers. The effect? Nothing, as far as I can tell. Just a minor cosmetic thing.

But I must say, I do like a lot of the power-ups you can get from finding scrolls. And I love the magician power. It's kind of cute.

But totally not worth buying. Rent, trade or borrow only.

Holy balls, PoR is annoyingly hard sometimes.
I wouldn't say annoyingly hard, myself, but definitely hard in some places! I love it though. That's actually one of the positive points that sticks out for me in this game. Most other DS games I own I thought were fairly easy and I knew that I'd beat them in no time. PoR is different. I feel like I have my work cut out for me and that the challenge is there and I welcome it.

I do however find all of the bosses to be ridiculously easy. Maybe I was just leveled up more than what was expected of me, I dunno. I breezed through all of them up until dracula.

Holy balls, PoR is annoyingly hard sometimes.
I wouldn't say annoyingly hard, myself, but definitely hard in some places! I love it though. That's actually one of the positive points that sticks out for me in this game. Most other DS games I own I thought were fairly easy and I knew that I'd beat them in no time. PoR is different. I feel like I have my work cut out for me and that the challenge is there and I welcome it.

I do however find all of the bosses to be ridiculously easy. Maybe I was just leveled up more than what was expected of me, I dunno. I breezed through all of them up until dracula.

well, the part I was talking about to be annoying was how much HP the Whip's memory has. I mean, I was doing over 100hp a hit to him for quite some time and he still didn't die, heh.

The only reason why I die on any of the bosses is because I never really liked using potions on a boss fight, heh.

The only reason why I die on any of the bosses is because I never really liked using potions on a boss fight, heh.

But that's what they're for!

It's more fun that way ;p

Yeah, and I just beat the Belmont whip doing 50hp per hit and using about 3 High Potions and several food items(I have a million of them). :P

But that's what they're for!

It's more fun that way ;p

Yeah, and I just beat the Belmont whip doing 50hp per hit and using about 3 High Potions and several food items(I have a million of them). :P

I just beat him using the Nebula and Impervious Mail. <3 Nebula.