OCRI-0002 - Futebol Arte: World Cup Tribute EP

Liontamer

Ivan Hakštok said:
Ohayoooo, I'm Ivan Hakštok and I'm the one behind directing this miserable little pile of ReMixes. Or maybe an awesome little pile of ReMixes? I'll let the listeners decide.

I don't remember exactly when I first had the idea for this album, but I need to thank DarkeSword who kept insisting I direct it (which was probably just a ploy for him to get some Mega Man Soccer remixes, oh, sneaky you). As a big fan of football/soccer/fussball/futebol/nogomet/whatever-you-call-it, I thought it would be nice to pay a musical tribute to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Football/soccer games are a bit underrepresented as far as remixing is concerned, even though they have lots of really good soundtracks, and I hope this album will help remedy that a bit.

This album features seven tracks and seven artists, maybe not enough to fit a football team of eleven players, but enough to rock. I'll also add that I had no idea that the titles of the songs would make it so easy for me to put them in an order which describes a road to the top of the world: from playing around in the park to achieving a legendary status. I hope you enjoy it!

- Ivan Hakštok

46585-1404095594.png