BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Yeah, I remember about 10 months ago, Darkesword told the Megaman X project to wait a little longer untill some projects were finished. Guess he didn't tell the other project cause it's hard to find something NOT project-realted these days. Ah well, as long as we make sure ours stand out from the rest everything'll be fine.

ed]Yeah, ok. I'll take you off. Just remember, that whoever gets a WIP in first, you, or otherwise, is the one that claims that track. Should I keep you under "interested"?

Ill be honest, Im looking forwards to a seriously kick-ass guitar remix of the R/B Champion theme.

Well I'm not exactly volunteering to do it (have my hands full of the sephiroth theme at the moment anyway), but I definitely would be willing to collab on it with someone else, since I'm able to provide some decent guitar. Could you put me down in the instruments section under the electric guitar by the way?

Oh and my sephiroth mix is coming along nicely, it's not exactly going to be marilyn manson, but it's definitely gonna be ominous enough to fit sephiroth ^^

On the same note: does anyone know of a way to get the sampled vocals from OWA? :lol:

Well I'm not exactly volunteering to do it (have my hands full of the sephiroth theme at the moment anyway), but I definitely would be willing to collab on it with someone else, since I'm able to provide some decent guitar. Could you put me down in the instruments section under the electric guitar by the way?

Could I collabarate with you on this? My hands are pretty full as well (Andross's theme was a bitch until quite recently - I had to work out all the notes myself), But I think I know what I could to do to make a kick ass backing track out of this, and then combined with your live guitar playing, it would just be all kinds of awesome

Hey Pi, I already PM'ed you about this some time ago, but I'll ask it again:

Can you make a "private" section of our Project's Forums where we can post near-finished tracks when the time comes and discuss things that "outsiders" shouldn't know about? It could become quite useful in the near future.

P.S. Any update on the artwork yet?

Tensei-San - on as guitar

Fishy - Err... whose project is that, again? 'Cause I've said it before, referring to that track, we're in competition now 8)

the-almighty-tallest - Well, then, where is it? I'm looking forward to this muchly so. As much as waiting for "A Very Leepmeister Thanksgiving"

pu_freak - Well, this is awkward. The current forums are actually run by POCKETMAN. I'm not even an admin, Im a mod :? . I made a new one here. But I've had trouble with how to make them private. As in, putting a password on the threads, or making them only available to pre-selected members, or what?

And nothing on the art yet. Ill contact gts, see if

he's done with anything yet.

Doomsday - Y'alright. You let me know if you're picking anything. Take your time, too. no rush.

So, is it an official collab between Tensei-San and the-almighty-tallest on Gary's theme? Niiiice!

ed]Fishy - Err... whose project is that, again? 'Cause I've said it before, referring to that track, we're in competition now 8)

Actually no ones doing that track for us, and I'm on enough tracks as it is. The most I'd do is play guitar for someone elses track of it. I thought you were just hinting me or someone else to try it.

ed]

the-almighty-tallest - Well, then, where is it? I'm looking forward to this muchly so. As much as waiting for "A Very Leepmeister Thanksgiving"

So, is it an official collab between Tensei-San and the-almighty-tallest on Gary's theme? Niiiice!

The thing about my remix now is that its way schitzophrenic (I don't think Ive spelt that right), and I'm not quite happy with the drums. Parts just don't seem to fit.... But at least now I know exactly what I need to do (make everything flow better, get better drums). I'm not happy posting it into the WIP forums yet, but I will when Ive cleaned everything up.

The Tensei-San collab ain't official yet. All thats happened is Ive asked if Tensei-San would like to collab with me. But if Tensei San says yes, then it will be official.

ed] I'll just change people who log on into mods, I guess. Or rather, those who log on, that actually need to see the tracks. None of those filthy commoners

By ''people who need to see the tracks'', do you mean all the remixers?

EDIT: And I have a question about a different collab - are Pu_Freak and Leepmiester going to do that Dr.Willy/Sigma collab they talked about?

And one final question (For now): Who the hell are we going to remix in Crescendo To Chaos 2?

Could I collabarate with you on this? My hands are pretty full as well (Andross's theme was a bitch until quite recently - I had to work out all the notes myself), But I think I know what I could to do to make a kick ass backing track out of this, and then combined with your live guitar playing, it would just be all kinds of awesome

Well, if you have the inspiration, go for it! :lol:

I dont really have the time to come up with a full arrangement right now, but I'd be glad to help you make the guitar track, as well as performing it :)

On a completely unrelated note; I've taken a rather 'experimental' path with my sephiroth remix (lots of dissonance, polyrhythms and stuff), so would it be alright if I posted a midi to kind of demonstrate the general idea, just to make sure it isn't a bit 'too much'? If so, where should I post it? :D

Would it be alright if I posted a midi to kind of demonstrate the general idea, just to make sure it isn't a bit 'too much'? If so, where should I post it? :D

Of course, post away. At the first post there's a link to the project forums. There's a WIP thread there where you can post.

And Pi, I already PM'ed you at the private forum. I'm registered and waiting to be a mod. I've got a new version of my song redy and waiting to be posted there.

Well, if you have the inspiration, go for it! :lol:

I dont really have the time to come up with a full arrangement right now, but I'd be glad to help you make the guitar track, as well as performing it :)

Yay! Its official! Woo!

On a completely unrelated note; I've taken a rather 'experimental' path with my sephiroth remix (lots of dissonance, polyrhythms and stuff), so would it be alright if I posted a midi to kind of demonstrate the general idea, just to make sure it isn't a bit 'too much'? If so, where should I post it? :D

Can you only export as Midi? Well, I suppose that the WIP forum on our site would be the place to post it.

EDIT: And I have a question about a different collab - are Pu_Freak and Leepmiester going to do that Dr.Willy/Sigma collab they talked about?

I'm still in for it, don't know about leepmeister though

EDIT: This has got to be one of the most active Projects around. I'm amazed. Too bad not all of the remixers are, but you can't expect EVERYTHING to be perfect.

By the way, Pi, have you already tried to contact DarkeSword about transferring us to Site Projects?

Can you only export as Midi? Well, I suppose that the WIP forum on our site would be the place to post it.

well I could go through all the trouble of 'dressing up' the bit I've got right now in Reason and stuff, but the main instruments, namely the guitars, won't sound any better than in midi, so I guess I should just save myself the trouble. It's not really an official WIP yet, more like a small illustration of the idea I've been having for this mix.

EDIT: This has got to be one of the most active Projects around. I'm amazed. Too bad not all of the remixers are, but you can't expect EVERYTHING to be perfect.

I just hope the reason that some of the mixers are less active is becuase they are really busy making brilliant remixes.

well I could go through all the trouble of 'dressing up' the bit I've got right now in Reason and stuff, but the main instruments, namely the guitars, won't sound any better than in midi, so I guess I should just save myself the trouble. It's not really an official WIP yet, more like a small illustration of the idea I've been having for this mix.

Well, If thats so, just post it.

By ''people who need to see the tracks'', do you mean all the remixers?

And one final question (For now): Who the hell are we going to remix in Crescendo To Chaos 2?

-Yes

-It's up to them

-I'unno. We'll use that Wikipedia page I brought up earlier/

If so, where should I post it?
There's a WIP thread there where you can post.

- yep

Pi, have you already tried to contact DarkeSword about transferring us to Site Projects?

-nope

Well, If thats so, just post it.

Posted, gimme some feedback, guys! :lol:

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History