Sign in to follow this  
Pi_R_Squared

BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Its a little too light right now. Some of it sounds like you could go down a really erratic, crazy path if you do it right. Frantic, sorta ants-in-Ganon's-pants. Or something, I just think at it's current state, it could serve to be a bit darker. Good so far, but needs the work. I understand that you have a whole bunch of other projects to work on, so I guess I can provide some leeway somewhere down the line, if things crap up on you, schedule-wise.

Err... what?

Snow Bros... isn't on the project, nor have I ever even heard of the game. I'd say I would let you pick a current track, or consider the game for the next project, but I can't even open up that .rar you have there. How'd you load that?

ed]Err... what?

Snow Bros... isn't on the project, nor have I ever even heard of the game. I'd say I would let you pick a current track, or consider the game for the next project, but I can't even open up that .rar you have there. How'd you load that?

WinRAR, or if you're hardcore (and open source) like me, then you'd use IZArc

Rapidshare still full and I have no time to locate another free host so any suggestions would be good - (failing that, the weekend is nearly upon us)

Rapidshare still full and I have no time to locate another free host so any suggestions would be good - (failing that, the weekend is nearly upon us)

maybe try http://media.putfile.com , it won't let listeners download the file, but I don't think that's necessary at this point yet.

Well I do have my own webspace, so if you mail it to me or send it to me through MSN or something I can put it up for you. And there are tons of other free sites, which I just don't know

On another note: Pi, could you update the first post? I think you should put a link to the private forums there and perhaps a progress list (which song has a wip, where is it and when was it last updated. Perhaps even how far it's completed). Just some thoughts

It's probably just my ignorance for not playing the games enough, but who the hell is "Liquid Ocelot"?? I only know of Revolver "Ocelot" and "Liquid" Snake. I'm I missing something?

If this has already been asked in the previous posts, please excuse me. I really didn't want to hunt through all 36 pages :).

It's probably just my ignorance for not playing the games enough, but who the hell is "Liquid Ocelot"?? I only know of Revolver "Ocelot" and "Liquid" Snake. I'm I missing something?

If this has already been asked in the previous posts, please excuse me. I really didn't want to hunt through all 36 pages :).

Liquid Ocelot is what happens when Liqiud Snake Dies and Revolver Ocelot gets Liquid's arm transpalnted and somehow Liquid Snake can control Ocelot at certian times. I may be a bit inacurate, as I get most of my info from Wiki.

OK, here's the deal. A lot of us are on differing time zones, so Ill explain it the best I can. For me, it's noon, Friday right now. I wont be back until late Saturday, a little over 24 hours. So, Ill try to get as much work in as I can within the next hour or so.

-Updating the main post

-Liquid Ocelot; If no one claims him soon, I'll replace him and maybe add two or three bosses to the list up there. No one has yet even brought him up.

-Err... thats it, I guess.

Later, dudes.

umm wasn't kirby taken? If not, I'd like to sign up for it! :)

The source tune is, compared to Sephiroth's theme, extremely easy to adapt, and it would be cool if I could alternate between two recordings, since Sephiroth is being a bitch to arrange (having sort of a writer's/composer's block now :P).

So I could, figuratively speaking, blow off some steam by remixing a much easier track. Of course I don't mean the remix would be any worse compared to sephiroth, it's just that it would be less ambitious. :)

Cheers guys!!!

Heres a WIP - M.A.D.M.A.N

E.G.G.M.A.N from SA2 ReMix - needs work. Try finding the instrumental version of the original here - they have a special media player on the first page.

I will post this in the correct places soon enough, but here I qualify for the deadline - (yay!)

I also gotta check out the other WIPs and give some feedback and that will be done later.

ed]

-Liquid Ocelot; If no one claims him soon, I'll replace him and maybe add two or three bosses to the list up there. No one has yet even brought him up.

I was considering him earlier but its an incredibly hard song to remix as its a great song already and there's no real reason to remix it.

ed]-Liquid Ocelot; If no one claims him soon, I'll replace him and maybe add two or three bosses to the list up there. No one has yet even brought him up.

Baby Bowser should totally be one of them. <_<

ed]-Liquid Ocelot; If no one claims him soon, I'll replace him and maybe add two or three bosses to the list up there. No one has yet even brought him up.

Baby Bowser should totally be one of them. <_<

I totally agree ^^

ed]Liquid Ocelot; If no one claims him soon, I'll replace him and maybe add two or three bosses to the list up there. No one has yet even brought him up.
Well, Liquid Ocelot will be in MGS4,so I think you should take him out, but change it to another Metal Gear Boss.

Hey, I'm back!

Tensei-San - Give it till the WIP deadline. In fact, that goes for anyone who wants a second track.

Spunodi - A little too light. At the moment, not the right feel, considering the whole album. Good work so far, though.

DeathBySpoon (And pretty much anyone who's going to make suggestions) - Let me provide an example, for now, or the next album. Bowser's already in it. Baby Bowser won't be in either, so you'd better hope leep's doing something there. On the other hand, Majora's Mask is totally up for grabs next time around.

Gangstar - Looks like thats the path I'm gonna have to take. As soon as that we hit Nov. 19, Ill put up some new guys, take down some others.

I heard a song on the radio, and it got me thinking...

Music needs to have a feel. You know the Circiut City commercials playing "Just What I Needed" by the cars? Well, I heard it on the radio. The whole buch of yellow and orange colors, just really hit me in a great way. Good music can do that.

A few days later, I heard a song I've never heard before, and unfortunately, I still haven't figured it out. I was too lost in thought to care about the lyrics, but I really got some great imagery off of it. The double-helix, (you know DNA?), with two guitars, back and forth. Hey, if anyone knows the track, tell me. I really would love to hear it again.

But my point, to any mixers planning on guitar, try it, if it's not too late. My thoughts? Dedede would be perfect for this idea. Two, or maybe even three guitars, fading in and out, back and forth, in some sort or Double/Triple-Helix rotation thing. Sounds kewl.

EDIT: Actually, no, Jazz is like the New Coke, it'll be around forever, hehehe... I take that back. Gary Oak's "Champion" theme from red/blue would sound KILLER like that.

ed]

Spunodi - A little too light. At the moment, not the right feel, considering the whole album. Good work so far, though.

A few things have prevented me getting the right feel - such as work and degree assignments. However, bear in mind that it is a template for eventual lyrics.

I plan to rework the drums to give them more punch, re-arrange the 'synth' solo I've added to make it more energetic and dance-y (plus darker - think 'Faithless - Insomnia' influence,) plus I also plan on getting better XD

If you think I'm heading in the right direction, or you feel the need to bring up some suggestions for certain things then please let me know - I will be working on it further on in the month.