OCR03151 - Final Fantasy II "Rebellion"

This is pretty elaborate! I thought the sax solo was a pretty risky choice and felt a bit sudden when it came in, but no big deal. Alex's vocals... I dunno, I guess they didn't need that much delay; the delay could have had a lower high cut to affect the more hissy syllables less, but again, not a huge deal. Later on though, I agree, they were pretty unintelligible. Regardless, all that doesn't really undermine how good this is. Great work, guys!

Boy, you can really tell when a piece is reaching for the stars, and this one is it. This is a big concept and a bigger vision, and I'm so happy that the piece's quality lives up to it. 2:10 on particularly soars in this arrangment, bringing the song up to the point where the Latin and subsequent musical changes really work - I feel like I just witnessed words by a few survivors being spoken over their fallen rebellion comrades (Josef?) as they contemplate what they have accomplished in standing up to the Imperial Army.

Congratulations on making a signature piece of an album. Worthy and memorable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot damn, guys. There is so much about this mix that I love that I have to keep listening to it for quite a while. First of all, congrats to Brandon for now having the most mixes posted, which is a feat in and of itself, but for most of them to be quality pieces like this is terrific. I love the Latin lyrics being used right before that epic and stirring take on the rebel army, which is powerful and has a vibe of strength through hope, and even having the Latin vocals during the Rebel Army was cool. And before that, with the gorgeous saxophone playing along with the heartfelt acoustics.....all together, this was a damn good ReMix that ties the whole album together. A strong collab for Brandon, Tuesday and Chernabog. Y'all should be proud of this track and the rest of the album. Nicely done.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03151 - Final Fantasy II "Rebellion"