OCR00245 - Akumajo Dracula X: Rondo of Blood "Dance, Richter, Dance!"

m68030

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

LOL. I like the title. Dance Richer Dance. It gives me a mential image of Richter Belmont in his little blue tunic and 1980's "medeival" haircut dancing to techno in the middle of a stobe-light-lit nightclub. Anyway, catchy.

That's about all I can say about the mix. Not that it's bad, but there's nothing to make you listen to it a second or 3rd time. The main thing that makes it catchy is that the tune of the original song. The techno stuff makes it catchier, but it gets boring after a while. Maybe with a track of synthed strings to give it a light "orchestral feel" in some parts it would hold up better.

• 10 months later...

This theme was always my favorite Castlevania song - and probably the only one in the SNES "port" that was better than the original CD track. The remix of it has just the right beats, and it's not so far off that I have troulbe identifying the tune - which is always good! Great work, 3dn3r.

• 1 year later...

In my opinion, the best songs are those that you could danceg to, and DJ 3dn3r definetly captured that vibe in this song. I think its interesting how most of the instruments sound similar to human voices, it feels almost like a hundred people trying to vent frustrations at the same time. Weird I know, but thats what I get from this remix.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I suppose the point of reviewing this song would be somewhat moot given how old it is as I'm sure the artist has progressed since having made this. But! For mostly a cover of the original song (I really did play both Chi no Rondo and Dracula X), however, it's catchy, and if you jack up the volume it's not that bad of a listen.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The good side:

+ Plenty of effects on the synthwork, such as panning, modulation, crossing paths in weird ways, etc.

+ Danceability is there, to an extent. You can even sing the title as lyrics: "Daaance, dance Richter daaance, dance Richter daaance..."

The flip side:

- I can only take so many chewy alien mutation synths in one song, especially if they sound this insular and incestuous.

- It's a shame the closing third of the song (starting at 0:59) doesn't have the same notational emotion that helps the source come full circle refreshingly.

I guess this is how Dracula's zombies hear the original. Yeah, that explains it all.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00245 - Akumajo Dracula X: Rondo of Blood "Dance, Richter, Dance!"