PRC338 - The 13th Anniversary (Free Round)

Bundeslang

Source selection  

16 members have voted

1. 1. The winner of a round should?

• Pick the source for the next round
    • Pick the source for the round after that (so there's more space to prepare rounds, allowing more flexible deadlines)
  2. 2. Should the winner be allowed to enter the round with a source he / she selected?

• Yes
    • No, only allow the winner to submit a bonus mix

The People's Remix Competition 338

PRCv13-26

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Welcome to the last round of this season. Again this is a free round: no restriction, everything is allowed, also remixing multiple sources in one song. It is even allowed to continue working on a WIP, as long as most of the work is done during this round. It is not allowed to post a song which you did in the past. The only restriction is that most of the time (> 50%) spend on the song is during the upcoming two weeks.

Even MIDI rips are allowed, but probably you won't get a first place with that.

Based on the poll of the last round, I decided to drop the rule that you have to post the song to ThaSauce. You can upload the song anywhere you want, but I must have a download link. So if you use SoundCloud, don't forget to allow downloads, otherwise your song does not count as an entry or bonus mix. I will still use ThaSauce as a possible place to submit songs.

I've made another poll about the setup of the contest for this round.

Source: Free Round - (Anything you like)

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

It's not necessary to use ThaSauce to participate in this contest.

To submit a song at the compo page you can use the ThaSauce page. If you use this, an account is required. If you don't want to use ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. I will keep using ThaSauce as the place where all songs are located.

If you want to use ThaSauce, the following steps should be done.

• Click the ThaSauce Link.
  • Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  • Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  • Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  • Continue the process by filling in your information.
  • You will get a question to confirm that you're not a robot. Here are some possible answers:
    • Name a compo: PRC
    • Who organizes One Hour Compo: Starla
    • Name a ThaSauce subdomain: compo.thasauce.net
    • Who created Mega Mans: Capcom
  • A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  • Once registered, login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.
  • After uploadeding your song, please check if your song plays and can be downloaded and played without problems. Only upload MP3 files.

PRC instructions

• The deadline is Tuesday January 3rd 2017 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that a download link is posted in this thread.
  • You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.
  • Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  • Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  • The winner of this round may select the source for PRC340.
  • The winner of last round, (unknown yet) can participate without restrictions.
  • You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC.png

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

A bit later as planned, but here are the statistics.

Entries:

Win 2 3 4 5 6 Bonus Total
Trism 2             2
Chalis 2 2         1 5
Supercoolmike 2 2 1 1     1 7
NinjaPenguinDan 4           2 6
Bundeslang 2 4 1 1       8
Gercr 1           1 2
PlanarianHugger 5 4 1       4 14
Kapden 1   1         2
DzejPi 1             1
RonaldPoe     1     1   2
Xsquader       1       1
Nathanielpassmore 1           1
HoboKa 2 1   1       4
Overkillius 1 2           3
Oneiric     1         1
Thomas Neil 1             1
Esperado 2           1 3
3agl   1           1
DJ Mokram 1             1

Number of songs:

# of Songs  Rounds  Without Bonus
1 4 7
2 8 9
3 8 6
4 4 2
6   1
7 1  

Unique winners: 14

Songs: 67 (including 10 bonus songs).

Participants: 19

Remixer of the year:

1 PlanarianHugger

2 NinjaPenguinDan

3 Supercoolmike

Undefeated (only wins): NinjaPenguinDan (4), Esperado (2), Trism (2), DJ Mokram (1), DzejPi (1), Gercr (1), Thomas Neil (1)

Round of the year: PRC321 (7 songs, 3 winners).

On 25-12-2016 at 8:03 AM, HoboKa said:

WOAH - the compothasauce is back up and running again :D Christmas has been saved!

It's still broken, I cannot login and see the page. Hopefully it will work soon otherwise I'll find another way to run the compo.

So pay attention to what I wrote in the first post:

Based on the poll of the last round, I decided to drop the rule that you have to post the song to ThaSauce. You can upload the song anywhere you want, but I must have a download link. So if you use SoundCloud, don't forget to allow downloads, otherwise your song does not count as an entry or bonus mix. I will still use ThaSauce as a possible place to submit songs.

Post the link in this thread or send it to me by PM.

EDIT: ThaSauce is working again, so you can use ThaSauce. It's still allowed to upload it somewhere else as well, with a download link. I'm looking forward to the entries. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that there will be a song posted by myself as well.

Merry Christmas

Free round, with no extra accounts needed. Guess it's time for me to stop lurking the forums and throw an entry in. I was working on a SNES TMNT IV style cover of Spark Mandrill when the contest started, so that will be my entry: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8-q7hg2GtQPcnFDRFlTMTlvakU

Interesting side note: TMNT IV only used 6 of the 8 SNES channels for music. I stuck to that rule, which was a little difficult to implement on this song since MMX used all 8. Maybe this type of cover is not the best to enter contests with, but eh, I'm entering anyways!

Hi everyone! This is my first time doing an actual remix. I haven't officially released it yet, and I think I'm going to try submitting to the site proper as well.

Entry: The Sword of Storms
Sources: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: "Ocarina: Song of Storms" / Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: "Ballad of the Goddess"

Let me know if there's an issue downloading!