Zelda 64 "Epona's Pastorale"

Abadoss

Should I submit it?  

735 members have voted

1. 1. Should I submit it?

• Needs a little work first
    • No
    • Yes

- I had to move around my volume a little to get everything perfect, in order to hear everything. Your piano for example is really low; I can tell you were going for lower dynamics but I think some volume couldn't hurt, to bring it to the foreground more. Some other fine tuning could be made but that was the only glaring thing I found.

- A lot goes on in the two and a half minutes of your mix, but you'll probably be told that lengthening it will make it a stronger candidate, which is something to consider. It's quite an enjoyable track, and if you can work in some more of the same quality it'll end up being much better for it.

I had to move around my volume a little to get everything perfect, in order to hear everything. Your piano for example is really low; I can tell you were going for lower dynamics but I think some volume couldn't hurt, to bring it to the foreground more. Some other fine tuning could be made but that was the only glaring thing I found.

Yeah. It's really hard with classical music to make it loud enough without peaking and still maintain the variety in dynamics. It's something that I'm still trying to figure out.

I like it, but it seems abit short, in my opinion, why are all sweet things short?

In general, though, is there anything else besides length?

A little less reverb on the piano would be nice. About 3/4 of the way through it gets pretty loud for almost no reason. Crescendo is just too much to be natural. The ending has this stuttering string effect: not sure if that was intentional or not, but I didn't like it so much.

I did however like the arrangment. Sure it's hard to get absolutely perfect sample (some entrances sound too abrupt for my liking) and I (for the most part) enjoyed it. Its fairly good, and I wish you well as you expand on it a bit more.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed the arrangement, I thought the part writing was strong and I especially liked the oboe line. The biggest issues I heard were the solo violin and cello samples. They're a bit weak and because the violin carries the melody it really stands out. As was previously stated, it could certainly be longer and the stuttery stings at the end don't work. Hope you spruce it up and submit it!

• 7 months later...