[Fan Art Competition] -December- VOTE VOTE VOTE

atmuh

Well, considering December is like the busiest month of the year..

I wanted to enter because I absolutely love ICO, but let's just put it this way...

I had to put all my commissions on hold (losing major money here)

I had to skip work at least 10 times this month due to random scheduling that takes priority over it (I have the best boss ever)

I'm still not done with everything I have to do (I have to mail out my best friend's present tomorrow/today)

There's always major drama at this time of year (it's so fun isn't it!?)

And I'm pretty sure every single other artist involved has something like that going on too :[

Sad! I really wanted to do ICO!

It sounds like this month should be extended for a bit... Also, it might have been a good idea to do the "Vote for the 'best' FAC entry." Of course, that's a bit late now...

I was looking forward to the entries here. Hopefully some people still get back to it. Mouser X out.

Wow! Great work, Ninja-san.

I have an idea for future iterations of this competition (assuming it lasts that long).

Since December appears to be such a hectic time for people, why not make it a special month of the competition? Here's what I propose: November's winner chooses the theme for January. There are no new creations for December. Instead, December is used as a time to look back at all of the work for the year.

All of the winners and runner-ups of the year would be posted again. Then voting would start to decide which are the best works of the year. You could even divide it up into categories: best work done by hand (drawing, painting, etc.), best work using a computer, best "non-traditional" work (sculptures, photography, etc.), and best overall.

Since this month's competition looks to have a worse turn out than the Warioware competition, I suggest enacting this change immediately. That would mean extending this month's competition through January, and creating a topic to showcase all of this year's entries.

Does anybody else like this idea?

Awesome. I have just one more colossus to kill, but I am sure that I have to kill that voice that talks to you in the end....

I expect to see some amazing pieces of work here.

Are all the winners from the past months save?

If so I think it be cool If after FAC12 we got to vote for the best of the year. Or if we did that this month so it could be a December thing. Just an Idea.

I don't know if I'll be able to finish in time. I could probably knock it out in a few hours, but this is Christmas after all. I would love the deadline to be extended, because I want to be able to put a lot of effort into this one. SotC is an amazing game and I really want to do it justice.

Wow! Great work, Ninja-san.

I have an idea for future iterations of this competition (assuming it lasts that long).

Since December appears to be such a hectic time for people, why not make it a special month of the competition? Here's what I propose: November's winner chooses the theme for January. There are no new creations for December. Instead, December is used as a time to look back at all of the work for the year.

All of the winners and runner-ups of the year would be posted again. Then voting would start to decide which are the best works of the year. You could even divide it up into categories: best work done by hand (drawing, painting, etc.), best work using a computer, best "non-traditional" work (sculptures, photography, etc.), and best overall.

Since this month's competition looks to have a worse turn out than the Warioware competition, I suggest enacting this change immediately. That would mean extending this month's competition through January, and creating a topic to showcase all of this year's entries.

Does anybody else like this idea?

That would be tough because I am lacking a few entries from early months...so no.

It does seem like a LOT of you would like extra time, and I'm all for it. I'm not sure about exactly how much longer, though. A week, perhaps? Let me know.

Glad you crazy cats are happy. I hope to see LOTS OF STUFF since I am extending the deadline.

I was thinking about one possible rule change. Some compos do this and some don't. Would you guys rather all the entries be PMed to me and then displayed once voting begins or keep it the way it is, just with a post in the thread? If it was changed to PM then we could avoid people seeing one entry and immediately say "I AM VOTING FOR THAT." I would have no problem with posts of stuff you're working on and things like that, just not the finished product. It's just an idea, and I would NOT do it unless most people that are entering would prefer it (I would but I do not want this to be my call).

Problem with PM voting is most people are too damn lazy to do it. I think it's probably best if we keep it in-thread for simplicity's sake (and so there isn't a lack of posts in the middle of the month).

It isn't all that difficult. If you're too lazy to do that then get out.

As I said, WIPs could be posted. That would add stuff to the thread people are willing to post them, and some do.

Problem with PM voting is most people are too damn lazy to do it. I think it's probably best if we keep it in-thread for simplicity's sake (and so there isn't a lack of posts in the middle of the month).

It isn't all that difficult. If you're too lazy to do that then get out.

As I said, WIPs could be posted. That would add stuff to the thread people are willing to post them, and some do.

How exactly is it more difficult to send a pm than post in a thread? Plus, if you post in the thread then other people are influenced by your vote, and it wouldn't be as fair.