Sign in to follow this  
EchoGhost616

2. ready for review Chrono Trigger/Cross - Schala's Theme Remix

7 posts in this topic

Even a rough copy can hold promise! The drums do feel a little fuzzy and threaten to drown out the synths, which sort of contend with each other for the lime light, so take a look at the volume/frequency to make sure they aren't killing each, because I do like the direction you're going with this. Not quite sure what you would classify this as, but the original synth progressions and ambiance added to an admittedly oft done song gives it promise to become a refreshingly unique variation of good ol' Schala's theme. Keep at this one, it could be really cool!

17 hours ago, Souperion said:

Even a rough copy can hold promise! The drums do feel a little fuzzy and threaten to drown out the synths, which sort of contend with each other for the lime light, so take a look at the volume/frequency to make sure they aren't killing each, because I do like the direction you're going with this. Not quite sure what you would classify this as, but the original synth progressions and ambiance added to an admittedly oft done song gives it promise to become a refreshingly unique variation of good ol' Schala's theme. Keep at this one, it could be really cool!

Thank you, I'm still working on it. I think it's definitely come a long way and your advice is very sound. I agree with all of it lol. Thanks for listening and the feedback. More updated version is up!

Drop down loudness of sequencer synth(panned), make wide panorama for snare, drop down  2:30(too loud). Hi-pass 50Hz at kick.

Do this, and this is great! I think.

Add link to the source plz.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, Mak Eightman said:

Drop down loudness of sequencer synth(panned), make wide panorama for snare, drop down  2:30(too loud). Hi-pass 50Hz at kick.

Do this, and this is great! I think.

Add link to the source plz.

Fixed a lot of what you said, the kick still needs a bit of tweaking I think. Added some CT samples, not sure if it's too much yet. Fixed Choir attack, and gave it more opera hall kind of feel after finding some better vst's online but, I really don't know what you mean when you say "Wide Panorama for Snare." Very new to sequencing. All in all great advice and thanks for listening!

Star Stealing Princess of Zeal

Artist - EchoGhost

Oooh, the pendulum! This new version is much tidier. The vocals give an appropriately... something vibe. Kinda eerie, kinda ominous, kinda awesome. The synths and percussion are much more in harmony now, letting the listener enjoy all those kewl ideas you have on a classic melody. An overwhelming improvement, I'd say. 

i think it'd sound really cool if you faded out some instruments around 3:34. The mix kind of gets static and you won't to make sure there are dynamics to ensure the listener doesn't zone out.