EvE Online

ellywu2

I have to ask then, as a Minmatar, what would I set up my stabber with?

The 4 turrets are already planned (2 autocannons and 2 artillery cannons) but for my two launcher slots, I was thinking of going with heavy missiles. I am not much in the area of electronic warfare and when I started I used missiles as my long range option before I got artillery cannons involved. I already have good skills in launchers (I added some more range, but overall I started with good launcher training due to my soldier background, I also lack the science for electronic warfare, and I am not drone based)

Depends on what you want to fight.

If you're more for killing Frigates, kit out with Autocannons and fill your last two High Slots with Nos (Energy Vampires). Throw a Web in your mid slot and watch as the Frigs attempt to tackle, you web them up, drain all their cap, and pound them into submission.

If you're more looking for Cruiser v. Cruiser warfare, I'd go with Artillery cannons and missiles. The bonus to ship velocity means you can slot sensor boosters, increase your ships max range, and stay outside your enemies' firing range while pounding them with shells.

Honestly though, Minmatar are meant to be versatile, but so little of their ships have missile bonuses that it seems counterproductive to use launchers in almost every situation.

I have to ask then, as a Minmatar, what would I set up my stabber with?

The 4 turrets are already planned (2 autocannons and 2 artillery cannons) but for my two launcher slots, I was thinking of going with heavy missiles. I am not much in the area of electronic warfare and when I started I used missiles as my long range option before I got artillery cannons involved. I already have good skills in launchers (I added some more range, but overall I started with good launcher training due to my soldier background, I also lack the science for electronic warfare, and I am not drone based)

Duct tape...hundreds and hundreds of rolls of duct tape. ;)

To my understanding my Destroyer can handle 8 hardpoints, 7 being turrets while the last one is a missle type. basically...

Destroyer Skill Bonus: 10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed and 10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret optimal range per level

&

Penalty: -25% rate of fire for all turrets

Bonus: 50% bonus to optimal range for small hybrid turrets

So the way I see it, unless I am using projectile type of turrets, I think i can mix the last 2 turrets that use crystals seeing as how the turrets are hybrid type. Now if that's not the case I can always change out those hybrid laser turrets with another set.

My only qualm is the 25% drop on the firing rate for my turrets.

To my understanding my Destroyer can handle 8 hardpoints, 7 being turrets while the last one is a missle type. basically...

Destroyer Skill Bonus: 10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed and 10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret optimal range per level

&

Penalty: -25% rate of fire for all turrets

Bonus: 50% bonus to optimal range for small hybrid turrets

So the way I see it, unless I am using projectile type of turrets, I think i can mix the last 2 turrets that use crystals seeing as how the turrets are hybrid type. Now if that's not the case I can always change out those hybrid laser turrets with another set.

My only qualm is the 25% drop on the firing rate for my turrets.

Don't worry about the 25% drop in firing rate. Destroyers absolutely tear apart frigates and level 1 missions. With that many turret points, you'll be popping frigates faster then you can target new ones.

In addition, lasers are not hybrid turrets. You are mixing weapon types. Hybrid weapons are railguns for long range, and blasters for close range. Railguns are a bit weaker, with very poor tracking ability, but are excellent at distance. Blasters track much quicker, and do high damage, but are very short range, requiring you to keep a near distance / orbit.

Don't worry about the 25% drop in firing rate. Destroyers absolutely tear apart frigates and level 1 missions. With that many turret points, you'll be popping frigates faster then you can target new ones.

In addition, lasers are not hybrid turrets. You are mixing weapon types. Hybrid weapons are railguns for long range, and blasters for close range. Railguns are a bit weaker, with very poor tracking ability, but are excellent at distance. Blasters track much quicker, and do high damage, but are very short range, requiring you to keep a near distance / orbit.

Just to expand, and so the info is out there, the types of turret fall into four categories, with two designations each.

They are: [Name = Short Range, Long Range]

Projectile = Autocannon, Artillery

Hybrid = Blaster, Railgun

Laser = Pulse, Beam

Missile = Missile, Missile =)

Missiles are kind of in a world of their own. They follow completely different rules compared to the other three (commonly referred to as just "Guns").

Well... rockets are short range missiles... right?

From the time I had been using them it sure felt that way.

In light of the info/clarification, would it be wise to have a mix between long range and short range hybrid turrets? Such as having 3 rail guns for general attacking and two blasters as neutralizing guns for in-close range enemies; or just have either all railgun/blastergun ship..?

From the time I had been using them it sure felt that way.

In light of the info/clarification, would it be wise to have a mix between long range and short range hybrid turrets? Such as having 3 rail guns for general attacking and two blasters as neutralizing guns for in-close range enemies; or just have either all railgun/blastergun ship..?

For a destroyer, I'd go railboat. They are quick enough to maintain a range where you can tear anything apart with railguns.

Good enough for me, I'll just need to make some better railguns to replace the 75mm railguns I have on them. (I can make the 150mm railguns ;) )

150's are nice but you wont get a full loadout with them, the pg requirements are steep. A set of 75s works just fine, or 125s

150's are nice but you wont get a full loadout with them, the pg requirements are steep. A set of 75s works just fine, or 125s

I can dream can't I lol...

yeah I pretty much got a bunch of 125's and 75's from the missions I've done.

I'll probably stick a 150 as the middle high slot of the 7 slots while the rest are 75s

On my current destroyer, I use 3 long range 280mm artillery cannon, and 4 short range autocannons, 2 200mm and 2 150 mm. (although due to powergrid limitations only 1 150 is active right now). And I also have a missile launcher, but that doesnt really count. I was thinking of removing the 2 150 and adding one auto cannon and one artillery, but since I'm saving for a cruiser, I'll ignore that for now. On most drone missions, only my artillery fires (28 km away kills feel good.) If a ship does get in my 5 000m radius, it gets a taste of my auto cannons. Since I am liking more and more the battleship approach of killing without drawing circles around a target (and really, with my kill speed, my mobility is pretty useless), I am going up in size. I believe that a good balance between long range and short range is good. (However I'm a fighter, with lots of skills that improve my precision and tracking speed.)

Edit: Not fair, he gets cash offered... Oh well, my goal for tonight is to make 2 million isk. My current estimate was adjusted to 16 million isk for a geared up stabber, and that may change since I may go with electronic warfare modules instead of the last two high slots being missile launchers)

Well if you are playing right now, drop me an eve mail or convo, my name is Derelikt. I can wire you some cash to get you started off.

I'm actually at work right now, languishing really lol. But I will be on some time either 5:30 pm EST or 6pm.

All forms of generosity are welcomed :D. Heck if ya need anything researched/invented I'd help.

Edit: Not fair, he gets cash offered... Oh well, my goal for tonight is to make 2 million isk. My current estimate was adjusted to 16 million isk for a geared up stabber, and that may change since I may go with electronic warfare modules instead of the last two high slots being missile launchers)

Heh, well I've got a lot of ISK for now. I've been playing for awhile.

I'm actually at work right now, languishing really lol. But I will be on some time either 5:30 pm EST or 6pm.

All forms of generosity are welcomed :D. Heck if ya need anything researched/invented I'd help.

I probably won't be on much tonight at all, today is my birthday, so I'm headed out with some buddies for the night.

So, what are good high slot modules that wont need a lot of electronic skills (while I have electronics, targetting and all) I dont have science trained as far as I remember?

Since I am not PVPing right now, warp scramblers seem pointless...

You can never go wrong with NOS if you use a lot of capacitor, the requirements arent steep, Energy Emissions Systems is the key skill.

Scramblers and webbers are mid slot mods. Yea scramblers are worthless except in PVP, but webbers are absolutely crucial later on in just about everything combat related. You might want to check into using those as well.