OCR04508 - *YES* Streets of Rage 2 "Can't Stop Me!" *RESUB*

Emunator

Previous Decision

"Ok, here it is. Yes - it was exactly what one of the judges said it was. Let's just say this was one of the most embarrassing mistakes I've made as a producer."

Original submission:

• Your ReMixer name: Parker Walker
  • (I hope that my previous remixes' remixer name can be changed from SPIRAL_SYSTEM to Parker Walker, if not, then use SPIRAL_SYSTEM. Thanks!)
  • Your real name Parker Walker
  • Your email address 
  • Your website(s)  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1jycmYfDZYXPnL6W9DEtQ
  • Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: SPIRAL_SYSTEM
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Can't stop me!
  • Go Straight
  • For this mix, I took a more conservative approach, because all the elements of the original are very "90s". Hence, I kept the 90s feel, yet didn't go for a total FM sound like my other SOR2 remix because I think that, honestly, Yuzo did it the best on this one and I can't surpass him. Instead, I went for 90s house feel using 90s production techniques, arrangements and sounds. I even used the legendary JD-990 synthesizer (produced at the time) and samples from the TR 909 to give extra authenticity and 90s feel. All the bass sounds are from Chip MD, a Sega FM emulator. All in all, it's a re-imagining of what the song would have been using state of the art production techniques at the time, and a quite conservative homage on this classic v-game track. I hope the fans enjoy!

• Emunator changed the title to 2023/11/10 - (1Y) Streets of Rage 2 "Can't stop me!"
  • Emunator pinned this topic
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2023/11/10 - (2Y) Streets of Rage 2 "Can't stop me!"

Was it the room-correcting software left on during render?  I have made that mistake myself.  (In fact that mistake is SO easy to make that I decided to ditch the room-correcting software and apply treatments to the room and re-calibrate my ears instead.)

Low end still sounds a little anemic to me, but this is much mo betta.  I still think a little touch of multiband compression below 125Hz would be super nice, but this gets the job done.  I still love the track!

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2023/11/10 - (3Y) Streets of Rage 2 "Can't stop me!"

It's absolutely dripping in 90s aesthetic. Completely nailed the vision for the track, and it's great to get a resubbed version with the bass restored. The titular "Can't stop me" vocal line is mixed very strangely still - hard-right panned and very quiet - so it doesn't have the impact in the track it probably should. That "YEEEEAHHHH" at the end is kinda odd too - I think I'd have used it as the last note plays at 3:15, rather than waiting 2 more seconds, but there ya go.

Regardless, it's a great track that accomplishes what it sets out to do. Thanks for the resub!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/11/10 - *YES* Streets of Rage 2 "Can't Stop Me!"
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04508 - *YES* Streets of Rage 2 "Can't Stop Me!" *RESUB*
  • Liontamer unpinned and locked this topic