OCR00729 - Streets of Rage "Going Up"

Disco Dan

Yeah... it uh... it just keeps on moving... look at that. Anyway, this is just a placeholder so other people can review it, but the mix ain't bad anyway. I do kind of like the beat, despite the droning hi hat, because it reminds me of a sort of 80's sound... yeah I'm running out of things to say. This mix was fine. The end. Everybody review it.

DC

Nice sound effects, they add ambience to the track. This guy knows how to keep the track moving and grooving. I like the strings, I can't put my finger on what have been done to them exactly.

U gotta love that kick. Boom. This had been mixed quite well, as that kick does take up quite a bit of headroom at times. What else can I say? Cool.

Im glad you guys enjoyed it.

This was not my first submission, my first submission was Guardian Legend - Liquid Corridor, and then Street Fighter EX - Pullum Summer Trance Mix 2002 whitch was actualy my latest remix, this remix was made after Liquid Corridor so it is a little less exiting compared to Pullum Summer Trance Mix 2002.

And yes, the track that I remixed was Round 7, the elevator stage before the final stage from Streets of Rage, I tried to give the listener a fell of moving up in that elevator.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

THough the beat simply goes on and on, there is a good deal of inspired work here, from intertwining synth riffs to a shimmering, flickering, bell part.

It sounds like the source was pretty short to begin with, but there is a decent amount of arrangement. It really doesn't stand up to repeated listens though, there needs to be a change in the drum patterns.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's interesting to hear this track in a different light. I'm definately aware of how short the source is, so hearing how people can spread it out differently is a neat concept. ryu7x really takes what he can from this.

The song gets repetative for my tastes, and while DJP says in the write-up that he might overuse the 'new section added in' theory to mixing a song, I feel that it would have been welcome here. Something to break up the action could have really refreshed the concept and made further variations later on be more welcome. Overall, the song is decent, but it doesn't catch my ear.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00729 - Streets of Rage "Going Up"