Zelda, Twilight Princess - Tattered Slippers

DarkeSword

There is an old Grimm's fairy tale called The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces, about twelve princesses who would secretly cross over to another world every night to dance with twelve princes. In the morning, the king would discover that all of his daughters' slippers were tattered and worn. A hero eventually shows up and saves the day, as heroes are wont do to, but that's besides the point.

This is a waltz arrangement of Midna's Desperation, called Tattered Slippers. It's about a princess who crosses over to another world to dance with a hero.

The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess - Tattered Slippers [4.16MB]

Enjoy.

Ooh, this is really nice. Orchestra (particularly the pizzacato strings) sounds great. Chromatic percussion is very well done.

Brass is good.

I love the feel of the arrangement. This is one of those mixes where I listen and think "this is how it's supposed to sound."

My only gripe as far as arrangement goes is the switch to major right at the end seems a bit awkward. Not so much the transition as the fact that you have a brooding minor key piece and then it just switches to major right at the end for no apparent reason.

Otherwise, I absolutely love this.

Yay, you're back on the WIP forums man! Cool atmospheric arrangement, and strikingly characteristic of the rest of the music in the OST. One thing that popped out to me in a good way, the 3:44 chord you used is awesome to me. I'd really love to hear some live instruments in this though. Particularly a live flute, since that is a major instrument in this piece. ^-^ Sweet stuff man!

If you don't become a huge name in film/game composing in the future, I'll sue someone.

I'm not really a gigantic fan of slower remixes like this, but they are pretty dang helpful for writing. I imagine I'll listen to this for inspiration sometimes.

And for the record, I loved the Zelda's lullaby section. It was a beautiful ending to a beautiful piece. Great job.

Sorry for posting in here. I think my posting in a topic is the equivalent of locking it.

• 2 weeks later...