FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

How do you export a loop without having it make a big fade out in the end?

Are you talking about just exporting a pattern? If so, when you render to wav, set your looping mode to cut remainder or wrap remainer. This will make it so that it doesn't render any left over reverb or delay. Cut remainder will just cut it off, and wrap remainder will render the left over sound on top of the beginning of your loop (wrap is good if you're making drumloops etc).

Are you talking about just exporting a pattern? If so, when you render to wav, set your looping mode to cut remainder or wrap remainer. This will make it so that it doesn't render any left over reverb or delay. Cut remainder will just cut it off, and wrap remainder will render the left over sound on top of the beginning of your loop (wrap is good if you're making drumloops etc).

Thanks.

Also are there some of the "Default Fruity" instruments that are used throughout a whole remix?

Thanks.

Also are there some of the "Default Fruity" instruments that are used throughout a whole remix?

The first remix by DarkeSword is made with only Fruity Presets.

Thanks.

The first remix by DarkeSword is made with only Fruity Presets.

Thanks. I wanted to see what you could do without paying for samples.

Cart man, there's a difference between using default samples and paying for samples. I myself have never even considered using commercial samples, and I have some very high quality ones... (I've considered using commercial VST's, but so far I haven't given in). Really, almost anything you need you can find for free relatively easily at high quality.

Yeah, just a quick word about samples. The Gundam mix I did uses only default FL samples from 3.4.

Every other song I have one this site, as well as all the FL songs I have on my site, is done using free samples. Oh, and the Slayer VST. But that comes with FLStudio 4.12.

Unless you're super hardcore about the samples you use, free soundfonts should be just fine. Take a look at my pieces like Ancient Hero and Dream Pipe. All free, legal samples.

Okay, so I use FL for all of my sequencing/remixing/composing. Due to me entirely hating the set of sounds that comes with it, I turned to mostly MIDI work. I often write my entire piece in MIDI, then add Sound Fonts. Problem is, I'm entirely unhappy with the quality of the soundfonts I have, anyone know where I can get good quality soundfonts for free? I am contemplating getting a job soon so I can save money to buy sample discs or something, but until then, anyone got any good ideas for free soundfonts?

~Dan~

ps. I use Fluid R3 currently, but many of the sounds just aren't what I'm looking for.

I have a problem regarding soundfonts/synths and generators.

Whenever I save my work and close FLStudio and then reopen it, all my synths and generator settings have been reset and my soundfonts all play some kind of wierd noise rather than their respective fonts. I have to reload each sound font and redo their settings. It never bothered me before, but now I'm using more and more soundfonts, generators and synths in my work, it's becoming harder to remember all the settings and such.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or some way to stop this?

Reminder:

Don't use the Soundfont Plater, DX10, SimSynth and Wasp unless you plan to set them up for each session or you buy them to get them out of demo mode. I am betting 3Osc and TS404 doesn't do it.

Try VSTis like the free ones. They will run smoothly.

Are you writing everything in one or two patterns?! 8O

Umm...use the playlist.

Seriously.

If you're using a pre-4.0 version of FL (you shouldn't be, if you bought it D::

Open up your playlist and click on the first bar in the pattern 1 row. Make sure you know how long that pattern is. Go that many bars over and click on the next bar in pattern 2's row. Make sure you know how long that pattern is. Then click on the last bar in some random empty pattern.

Click on the song light next to the play button.

Render.

If you're using 4.0 or later:

Open up your playlist and click on the first bar in the pattern 1 row. The pattern should show up with it's length on the playlist. Click on the pattern 2 row in the bar right after pattern 1 ends.

Click on the song light next to the play button.

Render.

Um... hm. Under what circumstances would I want to switch FROM fl? Or, come to think of it, maybe this would have a better responce outside the FL thread... but I'll try it out here first. FL has served me well, but there's gotta be some truth in what people are saying about the flaws. What would I gain by switching from FL to something like Cubase?

Um... hm. Under what circumstances would I want to switch FROM fl? Or, come to think of it, maybe this would have a better responce outside the FL thread... but I'll try it out here first. FL has served me well, but there's gotta be some truth in what people are saying about the flaws. What would I gain by switching from FL to something like Cubase?

None. In this thread, FL is king. :wink:

Sorry I can't help man. I use FL almost exclusively and don't really get this whole 'flaw' thing. The only thing I could think of would be a better way to use live recorded tracks in an easier fashion.