FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just download the fruity loops 4 demo. When i opened up a song i couldent hear anything. So i went to the help and it said for audio select a directsound driver that has DS on the ending or one that has AS. None of my options have those all i have is primary sound driver and sound blaster PCI 16 bit or something like that. And midi dosent work eather. HOw do i fix this?

But both of those are for Mixer tracks; you could put Tape It on the Master and then play it, though.

Oh, yeah, and is there anyway to save a series of Effects in the Mixer? Like, GreenMachine -> Compressor -> Reverb -> Blue Box, complete with settings for those Effects?

That's impossible in Fruity Loops, since it's just MIDI signals sent to your sound card which plays the signals using either a soundfont or a GM wavetable.

You can render with the Fruity LSD or record the output of your soundcard's MIDI synthesizer.

What do you know? Do you know anything about music? Try opening FL, and explaining what exactly you can figure out on your own. From there, you can see what your capabilities are.

Since you're a DJ, you should know something about mixing and music in general; but I don't really know what a DJ does other than ride disks in races, so that isn't much help.

ok, now I am having a problem.

I am trying to map a Mixer Track's panning knob, MIDI-wise, to one of the knobs of a MIDI Out. However, it doesn't seem to recognize it. I've try changing the Controller # and Channel # and everything, but the panning knob just stands still when I move the controlling knob, even when it says it should be correctly mapped, and the controlling knob's configuration says it fits what the panning knob is mapped to.

Also, you know in the piano roll, or the step sequencer, where it has the "Panning" parameter for each note? Well, is there any way I can map THAT to something? That would make it a whole lot easier, if I could pan it inside the piano roll...

Anyway, those are my two questions.

well, that sucks, i typed enough, and my text flashes away FLASH BANG DISAPPEAR!

anywho, here we go again, i've been playin guitar for about 3-4 years

and i play some piano, so yeah... anywho, i got fruity loops, blah blah blah, and heres what i can do, i can look thru the samples, i can throw things in the step sequencer, i can select the notes of stuff in the step se... i can use the playlist...if it means throwin different patterns in a certain order on there, to make it sound the way you want it....umm, as for the plugins, can't do shit....don't have the slightest idea about that, basically, i can do the simplest of things with FL.....so....im a N00b!!!! as ppl call it.

anywho, http://www.geocities.com/reikonasakii/DJ_Reiko_VG_Music.mp3

copy'n'paste this to ur address bar in ur browser, thats a lil thing i made with the default Fruity Samples

I am thinking about buying fruity loops 4. But i was reading about the differn verisions(express,producer). On the producer it says download only so that means i cant buy the cd. I was looking at the info about the express verision and it dident say much. But i did notice it dident say anything about a piano roll. But the producer did. Do any of you have the cd verision of fruity loops 4? If you do does it have a piano roll? Also could someone exeplane the differnces between the 3 verisions the site didnet say much. Thanks.

I am thinking about buying fruity loops 4. But i was reading about the differn verisions(express,producer). On the producer it says download only so that means i cant buy the cd. I was looking at the info about the express verision and it dident say much. But i did notice it dident say anything about a piano roll. But the producer did. Do any of you have the cd verision of fruity loops 4? If you do does it have a piano roll? Also could someone exeplane the differnces between the 3 verisions the site didnet say much. Thanks.

producer ROCKS sucka.

anyways man, go to a LAN cafe, and dl it there and burn it to cd.

or hack it... and try it to see if you like it.

I swear by FL studio... dont care if the cubasers and logic audio boys think its inferior because their PC's cant handle the program at full power.

its a ram whore... like studio pulls the last drop of ever byte ofram joo got... unless you are working with the bare essentials...

I reccommend at least 700+mb of ram to use FLstudio, and 2.0+ghrz P4 or a 1.8 ghrz+ athlon. The athlon may not be as stable a processor to have for your sound rig though.

but yeah fruity studio doesnt sound as clean as logic, or as powerful as cubase when you are first starting out... but stick with it. (I havent played with reason ever, and I dont think i will want to.) I look at FL as a challenge to overcome its limitations and produce something that sounds great.

Essentially the piano roll will be your all knowing all seeing god of sound.

youll want to pick up a couple of VST instruments and some good soundfonts... for whatever you are doing.

and dont use any of the sample intruments except for the generators (with your own personal mod to all the sounds) and the drum samples (which arent that great but there are some gems in there.)

here is something Im working on with producer

http://mysite.verizon.net/trenthian/tuner

ok, now I am having a problem.

I am trying to map a Mixer Track's panning knob, MIDI-wise, to one of the knobs of a MIDI Out. However, it doesn't seem to recognize it. I've try changing the Controller # and Channel # and everything, but the panning knob just stands still when I move the controlling knob, even when it says it should be correctly mapped, and the controlling knob's configuration says it fits what the panning knob is mapped to.

Also, you know in the piano roll, or the step sequencer, where it has the "Panning" parameter for each note? Well, is there any way I can map THAT to something? That would make it a whole lot easier, if I could pan it inside the piano roll...

Anyway, those are my two questions.

I use the the event editor... go to a blank pattern (the main automation is great for this..)

select the pattern, click the fx button to bring up the mixer... right click on the knob you want to pan... and select edit events... it will take you to the piano roll where you can adjust the pan of the track over the course of the automation... I use the automation for all my little things like mixer vol, pan, and tempo.

did that clear it up for you?