FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

You don't need it if you don't need to hear the output of the MIDI, but otherwise (and if your soundcard doesn't render FL's MIDI Out by itself) you need the Fruity LSD to render the MIDI output to GM or whatever. Slapping one into any mixer channel and setting the port number to the same as the MIDI Out channels gives immediate GM MIDI rendering.

You don't need it if you don't need to hear the output of the MIDI, but otherwise (and if your soundcard doesn't render FL's MIDI Out by itself) you need the Fruity LSD to render the MIDI output to GM or whatever. Slapping one into any mixer channel and setting the port number to the same as the MIDI Out channels gives immediate GM MIDI rendering.

Not sure what you mean. I don't use fruity LSD, just MIDI outs, and my MIDIs render fine. I also hear the output in the project.

Not sure what you mean. I don't use fruity LSD, just MIDI outs, and my MIDIs render fine. I also hear the output in the project.

No offense, but that shouldn't happen. The website specificly says that because MIDI is post-FL in terms of sound card application, it doens't render in FL. Are you playing the MIDI into the computer? that might be the only way that I can think of that would cause that.

:twisted:

No offense, but that shouldn't happen. The website specificly says that because MIDI is post-FL in terms of sound card application, it doens't render in FL. Are you playing the MIDI into the computer? that might be the only way that I can think of that would cause that.

Playing the MIDI into my computer? Not sure what you mean. If you mean, do I use MIDI outs to interact with VSTs/DXis, yes. If you mean, do I use MIDI outs to create .mid files, yes to that too. If you mean using them for controlling hardware... I do that as well. No LSD needed.

Well, MIDI is just a type of message format, basically. So when you export a MIDI file, those MIDI messages get transmitted to your soundcard, which then plays the sounds of the notes of whatever instruments you chose. However, when you render to MP3, all FL is basically doing is recording audio generated from within FL. The MIDI sounds being played by your soundcard apparently don't count as that.

Uh yeah, Zircon is right. You don't need LSD for MIDI playback.

??

explain plz

I did, several times. You create MIDI OUTs, configure your ports, sequence notes, you have MIDI. I have the mapper on port 0, main output (microsoft wavetable or whatever) with no port. I will hear GM sound if I set my MIDI outs to port 0. very simple!

when i try to render my midi master piece into a mp3 and then i export it and i try to play it on my media player it doesnt play the midi that i rendered into a mp3 and exported.It plays all the other FL instruments but it doesnt play the midi.Am i doing something wrong?or is it something that i didnt do?

This is what I was talking about, those who doubted me. :evil: If you check Fruity's website then you'd have noticed that you need a Fruity LSD to make MIDI go through FL instead of processing post - FL. What you do is load the LSD into an effects channel and then set all the port numbers on the MIDI channels (in the middle you'll find that thing) to the same effects channel. Go under Fruity's troubleshooting section on the website and look under MIDI - you'll find exactly what I mean.

when i try to render my midi master piece into a mp3 and then i export it and i try to play it on my media player it doesnt play the midi that i rendered into a mp3 and exported.It plays all the other FL instruments but it doesnt play the midi.Am i doing something wrong?or is it something that i didnt do?

This is what I was talking about, those who doubted me. :evil: If you check Fruity's website then you'd have noticed that you need a Fruity LSD to make MIDI go through FL instead of processing post - FL. What you do is load the LSD into an effects channel and then set all the port numbers on the MIDI channels (in the middle you'll find that thing) to the same effects channel. Go under Fruity's troubleshooting section on the website and look under MIDI - you'll find exactly what I mean.

i did go to fruityloops site but i couldnt find Fruity LSD i think maybe im looking in the wrong place.im so lost :lol:

According to the FAQ section under the support section of the website...

If you're playing the General MIDI (GM) synth on your sound card, its output is being mixed in OUTSIDE of FL Studio, so it doesn't get rendered in your wav.

There's a way to work around this:

You can load a Fruity LSD (software MIDI synthesizer) in one of your empty FX slots, set the "Port" number to a number other than the one you have set for your sound card ("5" for example), and then point your MIDI Out generators to it by setting their "Port" numbers to match the number set for the LSD. The Fruity LSD outputs to the Mixer channel in which you have it loaded, so its output will be in your exported wav.

The Fruity LSD uses the General MIDI software synthesizer that Microsoft includes as part of DirectX 8, so you'll need to have DirectX 8 or better installed.

http://forum.e-officedirect.com/forum.exe?forumname=FLStudio_FAQ under MIDI

Now do you see what I mean?

Fruity LSD comes with FLStudio.

if you can't find it, PM me and i'll email you the .dll file.

i PM'ed you thank you Zircon and The Prophet of Mephisto for all your help it means alot!!

Anytime, man. I'm sure there are a bunch of others who can also answer any question you ask about anything remixing around here somewhere. Just give a shout and someone will help.

Uh yeah, Zircon is right. You don't need LSD for MIDI playback.

??

explain plz

I did, several times. You create MIDI OUTs, configure your ports, sequence notes, you have MIDI. I have the mapper on port 0, main output (microsoft wavetable or whatever) with no port. I will hear GM sound if I set my MIDI outs to port 0. very simple!

Doesn't seem to work, could you take a screenshot of your settings or something?

I am trying to export in (fruity loops 4) to mp3, but when i try to play it in winamp or anything nothing plays. Can someone please help me fix this? I tried looking through this topic... but to be honest there is 2 years worth of stuff to sift through. So if anybody knows the answer can you please post.

To be honest, there's a billion reasons why that might be happening. For all we know you could well be exporting with the master volume turned to 0. You'll have to be a bit more specific. Are you using default settings, or have you changed something (audio drivers etc)? What exactly are you trying to export? Does Winamp or whatever refuse to play the file, or is just silent?

A few possibilities:

1. Master Volume is turned to 0

2. Instruments on SOLO.

Now, if it sounds normal in FL4, then i have to ask two things.

Did you reload your samples when you reloaded the file to play it? SOmetimes you have to reload your stuff.

Is your stuff MIDI - did it do the same thing that has been going on immediately before this?

There's an entire section in the help file dedicated to CPU usage reduction. What tends to work for me is increasing the latency (settings>system>audio, then increase the buffer length, providing you're using the default directsound drivers), although if it's a problem having too much latency you could try using different drivers (ASIO4ALL works well for me, and I think there's some sort of KX drivers available, but I don't know where).

When I used sound blaster for output, even with the latency all the way up it still lagged fairly bad. I switched it to ASIO Multimedia and it's helped a lot, but again, even with this I still had problems.

However, thanks a million Gecko. I never knew about the Smart Disable and it took off like 50% of CPU usage ^_^.

Also, I do use a lot of reverbs and plugins like that, so I'll keep that tip in mind.

In response to jakznake:

1) http://www.fruityloops.com/ you can find the demo

2) I believe prices vary from 49$ to 149$. I tcan be order off that site as well.