The MAGFest 6 Topic (omgz)

Geoffrey Taucer

Once again, I have issues, reasons I haven't replied earlier.

You know I'm trying my damndest to come, but I have an important civil service exam coming up... on Jan. 5. NATCH. Fate sucks.

I can't accept the obvious solution, which is not to come to MAG6. The other solution is simple, but still sucks, and may be prohibitively expensive: travel back, express, to Manhattan to take the exam, miss most of that day's events, and travel, express again, to MAG, that night. It may be anywhere from one to three months before I even know at what time the exam occurs in the first place.

So before I get around to researching the new MAG area and the travel situation, I must let it be known I'll likely need to hook up with a group still looking for a body, because I probably cannot book a room on my own.

Stay tuned.

So before I get around to researching the new MAG area and the travel situation, I must let it be known I'll likely need to hook up with a group still looking for a body, because I probably cannot book a room on my own.

Stay tuned.

Dude, I can help pay hotel for you since I still need to hook ye up from Otakon man... and I don't have a "group" yet mainly cause Taucer dumped me for someone better looking (Better looking then KROZE?!!??! I just think he's gone mad and will come to his senses soon enough.).

Dude, I can help pay hotel for you since I still need to hook ye up from Otakon man... and I don't have a "group" yet mainly cause Taucer dumped me for someone better looking (Better looking then KROZE?!!??! I just think he's gone mad and will come to his senses soon enough.).

You know Taucer's a leg man. ;-{)>

I keep forgetting to talk to you about Otakon...

I definitely appreciate the help.

And if Moguta and Overcoat are still looking, that might make four of us.

Just to be clear for the thread, I am a definite.

Kickass, Jose. MAGFest, I've discovered, is the central knot of the underground VG community relations web. There has to be a damn good reason not to make it.

Whoa! I never thought I wouldn't be included in that group. This is my first MAGFest, but second meetup, and I already met you, Jill! =D

The girl seems to get around. ;)

...or I do, at any rate. Seeing as I was in Philadelphia and decided I wanted to meet up with Will, who referred me to Andy & her instead.

It was kind of funny though, because I did attend the OCR panel upon which both of them sat. At the end, they had short little contests for which they gave away shirts. I won by singing three songs from Sonic 1, and I've worn it at every meetup since. The funny part is that when I mentioned this to them, neither of them could recall me being there, or winning the shirt.

I'm also wondering if anyone is coming early (~10 am) to help set up (and thus get credit towards earning your admission fee back).

That's because you guys aren't Canadian ;)

Is the price very different between Dulles and Reagan airports? Because i believe there's a "ride" offered from Regean by the hotel or something (forgot the real word, my english sucks tonight).

SWEDEN IS AS COLD AS CANADA!!

Also, Dulles seemed to be cheaper every fligt I checked O.o but maybe that was just for me.

Also you have the most awesome sig, ever

C'mon Anso, you just achieved fame. But it's okay, we'll have fun gaming anyways!

Fame isn't all!! :D

But yeah, gaming ftw, I can't wait ;)

PREPOSTEROUS! You will never replace ME! MWAHAHAHAHA~!

And anyway it's because he got replaced in his first room setting by pixie's bro. I think.Not sure. But i'll get to -maybe- witness the awesomeness that is Taucer's 'fro. If he doesn't get a haircut before Magfest that is.

AnSo : don't worry, i'm never gonna diss Sweden :D too many cool cats from there. And thanks, it's some peeps from OLR that edited (twice) that .gif. It's impossible to find better <3 :heartlol:

Yeah, he dumped you for me... Sorry, dude.

I'm also wondering if anyone is coming early (~10 am) to help set up (and thus get credit towards earning your admission fee back).

I'm getting there ASAP depending on the time that Prophet gets to my house, and how quickly we can find q-pa in H-burg...

PREPOSTEROUS! You will never replace ME! MWAHAHAHAHA~!

And anyway it's because he got replaced in his first room setting by pixie's bro. I think.Not sure. But i'll get to -maybe- witness the awesomeness that is Taucer's 'fro. If he doesn't get a haircut before Magfest that is.

Yeah, Tauce got bumped over. And at the time of the DC meetup, his hair was short...er...

You're gonna be decieved. But then again, i'm not as different from my sig since i don't make much sense in general at first glance :D

Sounds like we'll get along lol

and for the record, I WANTING TO MEET YOU :D

(and everyone else.)

/ME HUGGLES TON

also, I hate u and ur mom!

For those of you that are interested, there will be a room at MAGFest specifically for open mic / mini-concerts called Jamspace (Codename, subject to change). I'm looking into getting our quartet (Bahamut, DjSammyG, GeoffreyTaucer, and myself) some performance/recording time.

Additional Info: http://baltimorebarcams.com/magfest/

That's NEAT! :o I'm so bringing my laptop, my gameboy and my padkontrol for some improvised remix goodness :D

Won't be getting a room since I'm about 35 mins. away and like having a homebase to retreat to for those overrated things like zen time, attending to personal hygiene, etc.

Anyone that's stayed with me before has a standing invitation to come back, but I think most of those folks have rooms. Also, if anyone at all is staying at my place, at least one of you would need a car, since mine is small and I might not be present 100% of the time.

Won't be getting a room since I'm about 35 mins. away and like having a homebase to retreat to for those overrated things like zen time, attending to personal hygiene, etc.

Anyone that's stayed with me before has a standing invitation to come back, but I think most of those folks have rooms. Also, if anyone at all is staying at my place, at least one of you would need a car, since mine is small and I might not be present 100% of the time.

I think we all need those times. As for me, I'm staying on site, alone. Should anyone need a place to hang to take a breather away from the festival, feel free to ask.

For those of you that are interested, there will be a room at MAGFest specifically for open mic / mini-concerts called Jamspace (Codename, subject to change). I'm looking into getting our quartet (Bahamut, DjSammyG, GeoffreyTaucer, and myself) some performance/recording time.

Additional Info: http://baltimorebarcams.com/magfest/

do you want sax/vocals/whatever other instrument i can find?

YES

come on taucer, you want it. at least i can play the whistles while you're on gweetar.

do you want sax/vocals/whatever other instrument i can find?

YES

come on taucer, you want it. at least i can play the whistles while you're on gweetar.

YES! Bring any instrument you can play. I am doing quartet arrangements of songs for performance and maybe recording, and if we can get some instruments, I can write some other arrangements, OneUps style. I need to talk to the Dom about drums... Since that will be a touchy subject, and nobody will really want to bring them

Count me in.

I'll bring an acoustic guitar (perhaps an electric as well) and two whistles (one high, one low).

Anything else I should bring? Another mic, some guitar effects pedals etc (I have a modded tubescreamer, a tweak fuzz, and a wah-wah -- and I guarantee nobody else will have a wah that sounds quite like this one).

If i take the plane, i'll get there around noon. I still wish i'd find someone else for a loldriving trip all the way down. Or maybe rent a car or something. lol.

Nonsense! Hygiene is overrated.