OCR00865 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "aquacadence"

DarkCecil13

Classy stuff- I don't recognize the source at all, but I am loving what I am hearing. Some of the humanization is a little mechanical, but the flow and tone of the mix is wonderful.

Awesome track, it makes me want to check out the source and see how far this arrangement took things. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBrX2J_speg&feature=PlayList&p=B65199E6622179CF&index=11

If one listened to all my remixes they would notice this one standing out as a stylistic anomaly. There is a reason for this and it's not a reason I'm proud of.

After my first submission to OCR was form-letter rejected, I felt as though I had something to prove. So I watched the Judges Decisions threads closely and observed the panel (in my opinion at the time) was easily swooned by orchestral arrangements... need I explain more?

There are some clever things going on musically here, so I don't regard it as merely superficial pandering or an exercise in "beating the system". But I do hold contempt for the sort of vapid "Hollywood" orchestral sound that crops up in this mix, which is why I never revisited this style. Plus, I still haven't invested in decent orchestral samples :)

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

By moving from majestic to tranquil and back again, the feel of aquacadence seems to conjure up imagery of a pirate ship setting sail, then underwater, then the ship again. 1:15 - 1:42 sounds like the sweetest lullaby a mother can sing to her child; it brings tears to my eyes. (The flute shares its love so beautifully with the bells.) 2:30 - 2:54 doesn't carry the same purity, playing in a slightly higher octave, although it doesn't sound out of place. Then when the drums thunder forth and crescendos hit anew, it's like dolphins have leapt out of the water, leading the ship to glory.

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00865 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "aquacadence"