Value of NES games

Skummel Maske

depends on how much you value your copies... On the one hand, nintendo sells their nes titles on the virtual console at what, $5 these days..? On the other hand, with nostalgia, as well as personal interest in making a worthwhile investment, you could easily sell it for $50 if it's very much demanded...

Honestly for Ninja Gaiden (Shadow Warriors), I wouldn't sell it or sell it for something like $200... Yeah I still think it's THAT awesome...

A mate recently bought himself a NES again, and has asked me to sell him some of my old games (since mine doesn't work anymore). In particular, the old Ninja Gaiden (or Shadow Warriors as it's called here in Europe) game. How much do you think NES games can go for nowadays?

Seriously dude, what the hell are you thinking? Don't sell him anything. Get another NES for yourself and tell him to go on E-bay. Also, you won't get jack from Ninja Gaiden because it is an extremely common NES game. Most NES games are pretty cheap but some run pretty high, however I don't recommend selling games. I recommend buying every game you want and holding onto it until you disintegrate into nothingness.

This is basically the same thing I've been doing. I don't get rid of any of my games. Ever ._. You might end up regretting it and will have to buy the game again :<

God yes! I've sold so many games that I then realized I loved more than anything. Nowadays selling is just out of the question. I remember selling Crash Team Racing.. still can't find a good copy of that, bah.

so, in essence, what Brycepops said

Yeah, there's a friend of mine who bought hundreds of dollars in games within a few months. Then he turns and sells them for less. He approaches me bragging about all of those games he sold and how much money he made, but he didn't make any money. And his games were gone.:banghead:

I admit that I'll give a game away every once in a while, if the recipient is a good friend. And that's as far as I go.

Can I be your good friend?

so you NEVER sold anything? :o you must have an awful lot of games man

You're right, I've never sold a game (well, not in the past decade). I do have a lot of awful games, but I don't want to get rid of them. I gave my friend Chris a copy of Wind Waker, I gave a friend a copy of Metroid Fusion for his birthday, and I've given away a good deal of NES cartridges (most of which I already had a copy of).

You're right, I've never sold a game (well, not in the past decade). I do have a lot of awful games, but I don't want to get rid of them. I gave my friend Chris a copy of Wind Waker, I gave a friend a copy of Metroid Fusion for his birthday, and I've given away a good deal of NES cartridges (most of which I already had a copy of).

That's pretty cool. I'm too young to be an old-school gamer though. I'm in love with PS2

Honestly for Ninja Gaiden (Shadow Warriors), I wouldn't sell it or sell it for something like $200... Yeah I still think it's THAT awesome...

well despite it being awesome theres quite a bit of supply with not enough demand, so i highly doubt it will go for $200, as much as i would like it to :)

I thought the high supply on Ninja Gaiden (shadowwarriors) had been because of the SNES cartridge, which has all original 3 games, were abundant. The SNES version had shitty (thats right shitty!) sound in comparision to the original nes versions. The sound effects just didn't sound right at all and it often had sounds that were piercing to ears...

offtopic*

Megadave

Did get that thing I sent ya..?

I thought the high supply on Ninja Gaiden (shadowwarriors) had been because of the SNES cartridge, which has all original 3 games, were abundant. The SNES version had shitty (thats right shitty!) sound in comparision to the original nes versions. The sound effects just didn't sound right at all and it often had sounds that were piercing to ears...

offtopic*

Megadave

Did get that thing I sent ya..?

Yep, just loaded it on my MP3 player because I don't have speakers at work. Also, yeah, the NES version had way better music, and parasprinter is saddening on SNES. The trilogy was also missing a lot of the effects, like the animated rain and fire.

To Another Soundscape, I have so many games because my former brother in law gave me his video game collection after having two children (add that to the fact that I buy tons of games myself).. That's how I got lucky. The best thing to do is go to yard sales and pawn shops. Those people do not know the value of games, and will sell high quality stuff really cheap.

To Another Soundscape, I have so many games because my former brother in law gave me his video game collection after having two children (add that to the fact that I buy tons of games myself).. That's how I got lucky. The best thing to do is go to yard sales and pawn shops. Those people do not know the value of games, and will sell high quality stuff really cheap.

That's only in the states :( In Sweden we have no yardsales!

I'm trying to find old classmates with no clue, but it's hard

My local used-media store was selling Contra Force for $50

Rare, yes, but shitty.

I recently bought Tecmo Bowl (with manual) and Tecmo Super Bowl for $9 and $7 respectively at the same store. I think I'll be springing $5 for Gradius next.

Either that or Castlevania III, but $15 is a bit much for that IMO.

That's only in the states :( In Sweden we have no yardsales!

I'm trying to find old classmates with no clue, but it's hard

I hope you guys actually have grass yards up there!:-P

Damn smart people!