Give the gift of reviews! (part 3)

OceansAndrew

It's that time of year again (December), so it is time to ask everyone to get into the OCR spirit and review some underdog mixes! The mixes that for whatever reason didn't get an immediate outpouring of opinion finally get their chance to shine, all thanks to you guys! :-)

We made great progress last year, and I know we can do even better this year; I even made a cool chart!

I also have a totally easy link for you to click to get things started! It starts with the least-reviewed tracks and moves on up!

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=14&page=1&pp=40&sort=replycount&order=asc&daysprune=-1

Also important to remember is that some mixes haven't been reviewed in forever! Let's not neglect them! Some are even from 2005! That's before a lot of people here even joined! CRAZY!! We need to fix this!

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14&daysprune=-1&order=asc&sort=lastpost&pp=40&page=1

Wow, what easy links! It's like all the work is done for you! ;-) So lets get reviewing! :-)

december-reviews-2008.gif

I would like to chime in that I fully support the third year of this endeavor. From last year until now we have gotten all mixes to have 6 reviews or more! How awesome is that?

I'd personally like to see every mix with at least ten reviews. Right now there are 47 mixes with 6 reviews, 50 mixes with 7 reviews, 67 with 8, and 76 mixes with 9 reviews. That is a lot of reviews, yes, but I personally have yet to go through about half of those with 9 reviews, and every review helps!

Take the time to do a review a day if you can. You'd be surprised what gems you'll find, trust me.

I got on a little roll with this last year and sort of tapered off. I'm definitely up for it again this year, and I'll try to stick to at least a review a day.

I still get surprised at how many of my favorite mixes on this site I've neglected to leave a review for myself. KF

ReMixes with very few reviews need love, but what about the ones that haven't had any recent feedback? There might be a short discussion about a track right after it's posted, but who's to measure its worthiness of a review based on how many posts the thread has?

In addition to reviewing remixes that have very few responses, I encourage you all to take the time to write your comments about mixes that haven't had feedback in years:

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14&daysprune=-1&order=asc&sort=lastpost&pp=40&page=1

Bmpu.

Yeah, don't forget about the WIP board. A lot of aspiring remixers need your support and critique.

Also, it's weird to go through a few pages of reviews, and find that OA is the last poster in way too many of them. Dude, you need a life. :D

There's a simple solution there! Review every song where OA has the last review to bump him off the top (or bottom, depending on how your settings are arranged).

...of course, I'm not sure how many folks actually have the time to do that. KF

I'd personally like to see every mix with at least ten reviews. Right now there are 47 mixes with 6 reviews, 50 mixes with 7 reviews, 67 with 8, and 116 mixes with 9 reviews.

Update:

1 mix with 4 reveiws.

37 with 6

51 with 7

70 with 8

107 with 9

That's pretty awesome progress, even though it doesn't look like it. It would be awesome to finish off the 6 review mixes this year.

Update:

1 mix with 4 reveiws.

37 with 6

51 with 7

70 with 8

107 with 9

That's pretty awesome progress, even though it doesn't look like it. It would be awesome to finish off the 6 review mixes this year.

yeah - don't forget that when a mix with six reviews gets another one, it moves into the '7' bracket. sounds really dumb, but it means that there's about 40 more reviews there than it originally looks like with basic subtraction.

Stickied? Aw man, I didn't know this underdog review thing was in. I thought I was maverick. Now I'm a cliche. Dangit! I guess there's no choice now but to submit to the collective...

FTR I'm gonna keep reviewing awesome stuff with a definite slant towards the overlooked (there's an olr joke in here somewhere). This is a good cause, all jest aside. To arms!... er, reviews!

it's already got two! and djp pimped the thread in the review again. awesome! is that three years running now that this type of thread has made it into a mix's writeup.

I don't remember it being in a writeup last year.

Meanwhile...

25 with 6 reviews(whoo!)!

61 with 7

66 with 8

108 with 9

Great progress!

EDIT: K.B.'s right, 61, not 71 of the 7 reviews.

Yesterday: 1 mix with 4 reveiws, 37 with 6, 51 with 7..... 1+37+51=89

Today: 25 with 6 reviews, 71 with 7.................................. 25+71=96

Alright, who's giving un-reviews? Seriously guys. Seriously.

I think DragonAvenger meant 61 with 7