Midi 1: http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/MnP82_Kyrie.mid

Midi 2: http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/MnP82_luigismansion.mid

Youtube:

Deadline: October 31st Tues @ 1PM

Vote Ends: November 2nd Thurs @ 11PM

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MnP ARCHIVE  made by Trism ;)

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
  2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
  3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
  6. Please don't make any comments about people's entries - including your own - until the Voting process is concluded.  BONUS entries are exempt of this rule.
  7. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

On 10/31/2017 at 2:20 PM, Silverpool said:

Submitted my Bonus ReMix! I wanted to do more with it, but I don't know what else to do. I commonly get to this point where I don't know how to go deeper with the arrangement. I feel like I have a novice view of production, but lack a system for creating original content which blocks me.

Yeah, I think you're getting caught up too much in the midi that's already there. Next time try writing your remix note-by-note starting with an empty session, using the midi only as a reference in a separate window. That might help open up the possibilities for you.

1 hour ago, Dextastic said:

Yeah, I think you're getting caught up too much in the midi that's already there. Next time try writing your remix note-by-note starting with an empty session, using the midi only as a reference in a separate window. That might help open up the possibilities for you.

Sounds like that tactic would benefit you more there Silverpool.  I just mess around and experiment till i get something that sounds good, but it's in no means an effective way to do it.  It's better to learn sheet music in general and arrange my ear.  I'm too lazy for that though :)

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• There are 2 entries this round.
  • There is 1 Bonus entries this round
  • There is NOT a voter bonus this round, due to only 2 eligible entries.
  • hoboKa and Silverpool have a vote worth 2x
  • Don't vote for Bonus entries please  
  • Participants may not vote for themselves   

Vote ends Nov 2nd Thursday @ 11 PM

Comments:

Really wish I could've made a BONUS.  But well, you know how it is.  I do have future plans for Parasite Eve Kyrie and I have connections with someone who has an extremely good vocalist synth library.  I just have to get my shit into gear and get the arrangement side done. 

Thanks for coming down and participating shid0 and Kat, it's been a while!!  : 3

EDIT) Just realized I had put my foot in my mouth and broke a compo rule.  Apologies.  Got too excited is all..

So I might be gone from this website (against my will), depending on what the mods think of my 'behavior' such as it is.  Couldn't seem to articulate properly exactly how I wanted to say it, but I didn't like how someone's track was judged and found it particularly wrong.  If you haven't guessed already, I'm not a 100% fan of OCR's M.O.  Tried to keep it under wraps and pretend it didn't affect me, but I'm not feeling well at all.  Hopefully they'll at least let me hand the reigns over to someone else, rather than delete the entire history of Meat 'n Potatoes, depending on how vengeful the mods are feeling.  Sorry to bring politics into here.  I'm not feeling well at all.  I'm not feeling well at all. 

6 minutes ago, Dextastic said:

Not currently. I'm a past sufferer, and hopefully never again. Thanks though :)

Hopefully.  And no worries, I've had to lean on other people before.  For better and for worse.  Some people I couldn't save.  Others I wish I'd done more for.  But it's hard when you've got one foot in the rabbit hole yourself lol.  Glad to see you're a survivor! (but not glad that you had to deal with it, don't mistake me there hahah)

Voted!

On 11/1/2017 at 7:21 PM, Dextastic said:

On 11/1/2017 at 9:06 PM, HoboKa said:

Sounds like that tactic would benefit you more there Silverpool.  I just mess around and experiment till i get something that sounds good, but it's in no means an effective way to do it.  It's better to learn sheet music in general and arrange my ear.  I'm too lazy for that though :)

Thank you both for the suggestions!

Results

• Shid0 got 1st with 11 points
  • Kat got 2nd with 8 points

Shid0 PM me for the round 83 entry

Comments

Well this round was a bit of a dud, but it was also markably shorter, due to time constraints...I COULD'VE extended, in hindsight, mighta been wiser.  But you guys know how it is.  Onward to round 83, loyal space monkeys!!!!!