DarkCecil13

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationO'Fallon IL / Edwardsville IL

Posted 04 December 2002 - 05:49 AM

Chrono Cross 'Time's New Scar'

That's right folks - A piano piece played live by an individual. A talented one for that matter ^^ There are only a few (most not even noticeable) problems due to the fact that it was played live. Definitely recommended to anyone a fan of piano pieces, and definitely those fans of the Chrono series in general.

#2 Cuddly PyramidHead

Cuddly PyramidHead

Bayonetta (+6000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationIN SPACE

Posted 04 December 2002 - 06:01 AM

Highly recommended. A more sedate take on a great theme, with plenty of expansion. This song makes an excellent counterpoint to FFmusic Dj's "TimeScars."

Seriously, this is one of my favorite songs out of the entire Chrono series, and I appreciate any coverage of it. Kudos to gutzalpus on an excellent initial submission.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"You dumb fucks can only speak one language. I can speak 3 fucking languages. I'm fucking bilingual."

#3 Eposhark

Eposhark

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 December 2002 - 06:37 AM

Well played, omg, well played. As a absolute fan of Chrono Cross, I say :

This Rocks.[/size]

#4 ShiahByspring

ShiahByspring

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKilleen,TX

Posted 04 December 2002 - 04:05 PM

If theres anything I love more than solo piano pieces..Then..Dang..Crap not a good line for that one....Its not enough that I already love this song..It being my favorite in the game..But this remix makes me like it even more.Good job!
"Love is a very powerful emotion..In one turn it can destroy a person but in another it can give a person life...Odd isnt it?"

-Me

#5 Hobone

Hobone

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 06:30 PM

This is good stuff. Is there somewhere I could get the piano music for this? Does gutzalpus give out his e-mail address? Someone let me know if there's someone I could ask.

-Hobone

#6 Avien

Avien

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationConcord, North Carolina

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:13 PM

The awesome arrangement/piano playing in this just makes me melt. Awesome

#7 Blak_Omen

Blak_Omen

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 December 2002 - 10:45 PM

YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS. If you like Time's Scar, get it. If you like piano, get it. What am I saying, get it anyway! This is one of the BEST remixes I have ever heard, from the sheer beauty of the arrangement and the emotive playing. Very well done to gutzapulus. Think Fantasy Reborn, only better.

This song brings tears to my eyes. It's that good.
---
You know you want it, you want it now! MUM! The bad man won't give it! [Soft Jazz. ™]

#8 Chronologite

Chronologite

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 04 December 2002 - 10:56 PM

Ahh....the piano player I wish I could be. :roll: This is the best piano arrangement I have heard from this site and any other source of vgmusic. I can hear those minor glitches, yes....but the emotional response the whole piece demands makes them so minute you cannot possibly gripe about them. :D I listened to the track 3 times in a row after I got it, and I'm working on the 4th now.
Anyway....it's been said several times and I'll say it again....GET IT!!!

That's all....

-Ardoris

#9 Jarrid

Jarrid

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 December 2002 - 11:00 PM

Mr. Mitsuda would be proud..very, very proud. Excellent piece of work my friend!

#10 Straziante

Straziante

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,927 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 04 December 2002 - 11:51 PM

At first listen, I didn't think this was live. I thought it was an arrangement like most of the piano songs on this site. But well played, nonetheless. The song is not as complex as Spekkosaurus's miraculous romp through the trial song from Chrono Trigger, but it is still extremely well-executed. I love the Chrono Cross soundtrack. I love piano. Doesn't take a rocket scientist or djp to figure that one out. Great song, although the piano sounds a bit MIDI-ish. Just a bit. Recommended highly.
Posted Image

#11 Shhteve

Shhteve

Bad Dude (+400)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley, CA

Posted 05 December 2002 - 12:41 AM

I was amazed by how well performed this was, even though the 'glitches' or so to speak, could've been avoided. But hey, there's no such thing as perfection after all. REALLY nice work though, it has me in awe.

#12 Bitterness The Star

Bitterness The Star

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:30 AM

I must applaud Gutzalpus on this amazing piece of Piano work....
He/she has taken a well known piece from a well known game, and done it justice, if he/she messed it up, I'm sure he/she would hear about it....:), but he hasn't, and I'm glad.....
The CC soundtrack is probably one of my favorites, and by doing Time Scars, he/she has established himself or herself, as a great pianist, and maybe we'll see more arrangements from him/her sometime soon....

#13 Khendros

Khendros

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN, USA

Posted 05 December 2002 - 12:54 PM

There is but a single word for the piece: Beautiful.

Time's Scar was an amazing piece on its own, but I must say that this piano mix of is absolutely top notch. There isn't much else I can say as I am not musically inclined to describe the style and quality of play. However, it was a beautiful, smooth, and delightful.

Well played indeed.

#14 Tranquil Chaos

Tranquil Chaos

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • LocationKC,MO

Posted 05 December 2002 - 04:40 PM

A moving arrangement of one of the greatest songs of all time. Soothing live piano is definitely not done enough these days.

10/10

#15 Acey

Acey

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 11:32 PM

Does anyone know the remixers e-mail? I want to ask him if he has a score he can send me. I wanna learn this piece!
The below statement is true
The above statement is false

#16 codexia

codexia

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 02:49 AM

i dont put up to many posts on this site, because i dont find to much worth posting about. but this is the BEST remix of any song i have ever heard. im already in love with both the piano, and times scar, so this is a double bonus for me. very well done ^_^

#17 Majin GeoDooD

Majin GeoDooD

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationAldie, Virginia

Posted 06 December 2002 - 11:20 PM

Mm, Mm, Good!

Love piano solos, love Mitsuda's work on CC, and I LOVE this remix! Excellent job.
"I put on my Hendrix album and my son said 'Daddy, who's that' and I said 'well son, that's God'" -Robert Plant

#18 Q-Wi-Q

Q-Wi-Q

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 12:22 PM

damn I adored the song itsself, this remix gives it an entirely different point of view, but it's still magnificent (especially the end is just perfect...)
Posted Image
Never seen a bluer sky, Yeah I can feel it reaching out, and moving closer...

#19 gutzalpus

gutzalpus

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:16 PM

Unfortunately, there is no score for this arrangement...I basically took the original score, set it down in front of me, and used it as the basis for an improvisation, which is this song. I'm horrible at actually sitting down and writing out sheet music (or putting it into the computer for that matter) so most of my stuff tends to be improvised.

Also, thanks to all for the wonderful comments regarding my arrangement. They're all greatly appreciated.

#20 Blak_Omen

Blak_Omen

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2002 - 06:00 AM

Improvised?!? That is awesome work for an improvisation. My respect for you just went from \RESPECT/ to \FULLOFRESPECTCAUSEIT'STHATGOOD/
---
You know you want it, you want it now! MUM! The bad man won't give it! [Soft Jazz. ™]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums