OCR00864 - Chrono Cross "Time's New Scar"

DarkCecil13

yea, i would love for times new scar to be transcribed

and also, the links for ure other works dont work =/

when i heard ure version of "quitting the body", it inspired me to play that song

now i can play all these songs but i cant write music like u =/

times scar, i added the intro from "lost pieces" and the ending from "lost pieces" cuz times scar has all that violin stuff that cant be played on the piano, but for some reason, u can write more piano-playable music

really amazing

• 2 months later...

Ok people!! Lets try this again. I have 2 new professional music transcribers who I will contact to transcribe this song.

Please contact me if you want a piece of this song transcribed. It will costs rough $40-50 i think. Please bare in mind, this is a tough song to play and these are professional transcribers. Anyone willing to split the cost and get a copy? The transcription will take some time after I collect the money. Maybe 2 weeks or so.

Please contact me at premiumg (at) yahoo.com

Please note, I have referecnes on ebay and heatware (hardware trading reference place). I do not rip people off. I have very good references. I am not trying to make a profit. I really enjoy this song and would love to play this on my own piano. I want to find people who enjoy this song equally and will be willing to chip in for it. Please contact me.

Thanks.

P.S. I am also gathering people for the Megaman 2 remix, Doctor Wily's Wedding. That is a great song as well and it looks like that transcription will happen very soon. Please check out my post on that song's thread if you enjoy that song too.

EDIT (11/12): Ok, the transcription is going very well. I have in my hands, the first 2 and a half pages of the song transcribed and i can say its note perfect. The song is not as difficult as i thought to play.

If you are interested in getting in on this transribtion, please email me at premiumg(at)yahoo.com.

I am paying ~$50-$60 for this song and I request if you want a copy of this transciption to pay $5 for the whole song. I think this is a small and reasonable amount. $5 will get you the first 2.5 pages now and the whole thing when its done.

Thanks,

Dan

EDIT (11/16): bump for anyone who likes this song... again, please join in so you can get the sheet music for it! I dont want to have to pay the entire thing myself!!!

if you contact me about it, i'll give you the first 2.5 pages for free. then if you like it, i'll forward you the rest for the $5 chip in. I think its very reasonable since the whole song is costing me > $60 as of right now!

EDIT (11/21): the 2.5 page same can be found here....

http://www.geocities.com/premiumg/timesnewscarsample.pdf

email me if you want the rest:

premiumg(at)yahoo.com

EDIT (1/7/04): bump for people who might have missed this.....

EDIT (4/1): bump for people who might have missed this.....

(and so i can recoup a little of my costs :) )

EDIT (4/6): Bruce/Elaine Bedford,

please get in contact with me... i can't seem to get a hold of you thru email.. it keeps returning unsent.

Its about this remix transcription.

contact me w/ another email address if u can.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow.. Amazing piano piece. One of the first I heard, and definitely one of my favorites. But I just gotta know..

Who the heck is gutzalpus?

No email address, no handle in the forums or on AIM, no website... I've searched Google and vgmix, but I can't find any other trace of music from him anywhere. The only other thing I was able to find was on Chrono Compendium, where there was a piano rendition of Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World, another amazing piece. Though I could swear that I remember seeing "gutzalpus" on a vgmix page, I looked and looked and couldn't find anything.

If anyone has more stuff from gutzalpus, could you please direct me to it? Anything at all will be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Im not sure why everyone is regarding this remix so highly. Let me explain:

The arrangement is ok but not amazing. The beginning is basically the two themes played just like the originals. 1:51 or so introduces some playing around with the chords and eventually the melody, but it is still pretty straightforward. The chords aren't that different than the original. From then until about 4 minutes, the first original's theme is used but there isn't too much of a large deviation from it. There are little embellishes and bits of new things introduced but nothing that is very striking. I actually find this section pretty boring, because quite plainly there isn't a lot of interesting things happening. The chords and melody are used and repeated, without much variety. At 4:00 the lost fragments theme is played again with a slight difference in chord changes I believe, and then the first melody is used again. This time with a build towards a climax that is fairly nice and shows lots of emotion. Then it ends on a chord that sort of leaves the listener hanging.

Other issues are the playing isn't always that steady or consistent, but it's still pretty good. The piano itself sounds slightly out of tune and rather old, but suffices. Voicing for the most part is fine.

Ok, so my point is that the arrangement of this song isn't that spectacular. The mood is good, but it doesn't make this piece as good as many are claiming it to be. Perhaps the reason lots of people like it so much is because the source material has wonderful melodies. Chrono Cross has a beautiful soundtrack. Anyways...this song isn't too bad, but its not that great.

~Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that this was one of kLuTz's pieces. Great piano work here. If you didn't like the cello in the original but loved the piano, then you'd absolutely love this.

That's an insult to Klutz work. This is not worth mentioning in the same breath as klutz if you ask me :wink:

Some of the parts is barely adequate, but for the most it's sloppy pianoplaying with simple rythm patterns. I would'nt call this a piano piece, it's more a piano tune without the rest of the band.

Sure it's ok from an amateur perspective, but my standards for piano pieces are much higher than this.

Btw the original is a masterpiece :)

I gave it another listen, and my opinion remains unchanged. We all have different opinions on what good music is (thankfully), and here are a few examples why I don't share your excitement over this song:

0:53 there's unsatisfying rythm play. 1:40 has a "pause", sounds like he's searching for the right notes for the chord (no, it doesn't sound like an artistic pause). This repeats several times later in the song. 2:17 has sloppy playing (hits a wrong note actually), 2:40 just sounds weird, 2:54 sloppy playing, 3:32 sloppy playing, 3:53 VERY sloppy playing, 4:06 sloppy playing, 4:55 sound rather cheesy to me.

This is just my opinion though :)

PS: I'm Polar-, logged in at a friend of mine.

• 1 month later...

0:53 there's unsatisfying rythm play. 1:40 has a "pause", sounds like he's searching for the right notes for the chord (no, it doesn't sound like an artistic pause). This repeats several times later in the song. 2:17 has sloppy playing (hits a wrong note actually), 2:40 just sounds weird, 2:54 sloppy playing, 3:32 sloppy playing, 3:53 VERY sloppy playing, 4:06 sloppy playing, 4:55 sound rather cheesy to me.

The pause at 1:40 was an artistic pause. You might not agree with the artistry there, but it was nonetheless.

As to some of your other references -- 0:53 "unsatisfying," 2:40 "sounds weird," and 4:55 "sound rather cheesy," that's obviously a matter of opinion and I can't take issue with that.

I agree that there are periods of sloppy playing, and you have a good ear for catching most of these. I don't feel that these small errors detract from the enjoyment of the piece, though. None of them are glaring, certainly.

The reason I never "officially" released any of my other recordings is because they all have glaring errors which in my opinion DO detract from the enjoyment of the piece. I am hoping to get back in the studio to rerecord them eventually, though. (I've been saying "eventually" for at least 2 years now.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is just beautiful. I never cease to be amazed by these piano mixes. I just don't know how you just sit down at the piano and it just comes to you?! Ya, I have said that way too many times and I guess I can just throw my hands up and say that your skill as a pianist is unparalleled with your creativity that allows you to encompass any possible melody that can connect so well with the original track. Keep these coming. Enough said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I listened to this the first time and I thought it was ok...suffice to so say I have now listened to it too many times to count and it keeps getting better. I'm really glad someone remixed this source tune in this manner, the re-composition is beautiful and fits the theme perfectly. Sound quality is awesome, def goin to be enjoying this one for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00864 - Chrono Cross "Time's New Scar"