Old 12-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Abobo (+600)

I really like the intro and how it "switches stations" to the main part. Ultimately, this feels like a retrograde, a call back to Zelda on 16/8 bit platforms. It's just a reminder to me that Zelda is just uncomplicated, non-serious fun.

Whenever I listen to this I get a mental image of WindWaker Link except with an N64 polygonal resolution.

This is just a plain and fun good times mix that comes highly recommended.

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 AM

I've clipped this a bit and set it as my phone ringtone, I just never get tired of listening to it.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Wes M., Double the Trouble! Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

In terms of the capability for the title to serve as a sexual metaphor, this is one of the greatest remixes of all time.

· OCR Staff · Judge· Double the Trouble Director · ARMed and DANGerous Co-Assistant Director · Zelda: Ocarina of Time Project Co-Director
Old 12-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Another chipper chiptune from halc - I'm going back through all your remixes and getting any I haven't got already, including this little gem (rupee?). You do have a knack for picking great sources that just fit right into your style perfectly, and I think that's a huge advantage. Nase put it very well when he said:
Quote:
Your remixes never scream 'OMG IM HAPPY AND YOU SHUD B 2'. They just infect you with their happiness
Again you've captured the essence of the source tune - the enthusiastic optimism of starting an adventure - and distilled it down into this upbeat-but-not-overly-saccharine remix, which is exactly what a good OCReMix should do! Awesome stuff, and thanks for being so prolific - I always look forward to your work. Can't wait for the Sound of Speed to drop :D
Old 02-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

This song captures the mood of Outset Island really well and its fun to listen to. That should be all you need to justify downloading this song.

This is one of those odd cases where I listened to this remix well before hearing the actual music from the game. Its sort of a weird reversal.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Drew Wheeler, Take Flight/The Sound of Speed Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

just gonna leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-1tcOcTDps
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Will Bonnici
Goomba (+100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halc View Post
just gonna leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-1tcOcTDps
I wish you didn't. That scarred my good opinion of your song. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Link (+1900)

I think it's been said several times before, but it also sums up how I feel about this ReMix. It's just way too fun to listen to. Halc's style is instantly recognizable, and it's hard for me to pick on things he puts out. This ReMix is happy and just lets the good feelings flow. Nicely done.

Tags
chiptune, happy, synth, electronic