DragonAvenger

Original Decision

Your ReMixer name: Cyril the Wolf

Your real name: Connor Pelkey

Your websit: http://youtube.com/user/cyrilrufus

Your userid: 14729

Name of game(s) arranged: Megaman Zero 2

Name of arrangement: Never Stop

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Gravity (Power Room)

Link to the original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lz2W-ctE2k

Years Later...

No I'm kidding, but ugh guys. I literally have taken 6-7 months to improve my vocal control and... well I got melodyne too. But still, I took some time and tried to see if I could better myself. Additionally I re-recorded the rhythm guitars to a more natural tone in my opinion. Mastered more loudly than the previous one with the vocals more present, though I didn't try to win any loudness wars here.

This was the product of me getting rejected and wanting to show you I could come back and make something 100% better. if you remember the old version, this should rustle your jimmies in the best of ways.

• 1 month later...

Connor's strong point has always been his passion, and I think the control is starting to get there. Some of the more subdued sections felt not as in control, but the improvement was definitely there on hitting the right note and holding i. The sections where he cranked it up to 11 were great, and the Dickinson style falsettos were pretty solid. I even heard some pretty passable Anselmo phrases in there too, and the harmony rich sections were very compelling. The wide variety of styles vocally make this really fun to listen to, and I really encourage you to further push yourself vocally; there is still a good deal of untapped potential, which is a pretty exciting prospect. The references to several eras of metal vocal history is pretty awesome to me from a fan, and while I don't think most people will 'get it', I appreciate the thought put into it.

The guitar compression was a touch heavy, but overall things were clear and balanced. Some of the timing was a little loose, but nothing so far gone that it knocked things off the rails.

Pretty excellent upgrade over the previous track; which I really enjoyed. It's not polished to a mirror shine, but it's got a lot of heart, and what is being attempted is pretty damn difficult.

Yes

cool upgrade, bro!

Intro was rough. The opening guitar sounded very exposed, and timing issues with the guitars were apparent, strongest when the vocal first came in. As long as you're Melodyning, you may as well try to fix that timing too. The vocal was hard to hear when it first entered. Once the harder parts kicked in, especially the chorus, I was digging the song a lot, but when it went back to the quiet parts, I started noticing the same timing and mixing issues.

The energy and strength of the arrangement is making up for some shortcomings, but I don't know if they make up that much... yeah, sorry. I wouldn't be unhappy if it passed, but it feels like one version away from a pass. I will this say this is a strong submission overall and showcases a lot of different talents, but at the same time, the execution needs to match the ambition of the arrangement. BTW, great job improving your vocals over the past couple years.

NO (resubmit)

I think this is good personally. I like the arrangement, and the guitar performance seems fine to me. The vocals get slightly off tune with each other during the chorus harmonies, but this is pretty solid otherwise. There are some moments of muddiness, the vocals and rhythm guitars take up most of the soundscape (unlike palp, I felt the vocals were at a good level personally) Overall it could have been a bit cleaner, the bass could have been a bit more exposed and those rhythm guitar arps get buried under the main rhythm playing. Even so, I'm cool with it where its at. Its not perfect, but its a strong track and damn enjoyable, particularly if you're a fan of heavy metal. I dig!

YES