Zune Library + OC ReMix Torrent = Help?

likehellican

Hi guys. Just grabbed the ocremix library via torrent and am pondering the best way to organize this within my Zune library. Basically my problem is that everything is tagged by artist with the ocremix url as the album. What I would like to do is find a program to take a batch of these files and change the artist tag to 'ocremix,' the album tag to the 'game name' and credit the remixer in the song title.

This would allow me to sort these mixes out of my normal collection, and be able to browse by game on the go. Such a program might not exist that specifically to my needs but doesn't actually sound that far-fetched. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forums. First off, there's already a thread with a related problem in Help & Newbies subforum. Next time please take the time to look for the right forum to post. Here is a link to that thread: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14803

Furthermore, here is a link from that thread that may solve your problem: http://massid3lib.sourceforge.net/

• 11 months later...

So I have had issues with the Zune software storing remixes properly. The big issue being that some songs tend to 'overwrite' other songs. For example I try to add both FFVII Aeris Lives (Kevin Lau) and FFVI Seized with Fury (housethegrate), but only one is added. The software says its found 2 new media items, but only one is added to my OCR album (Areis Lives), and I cannot ever find the other (Seized with Fury), even by browsing every song, album, and artist. When I try to re-add Seized with Fury it can be found in the OCR album, but now Aeris Lives is nowhere to be found. If I reattempt to add Aeris Lives, it comes back to the album but Seized with Fury is gone again, and so on.

I have downloaded MusicBrainz to make sure all the the ID tagging is correct, and it all checks in fine. Album Artist, Artist, Year, Album, etc., it's all what it's supposed to be. The one thing I HAVE noticed, is that most of the songs that overwrite one-another have similar time lengths. In this case, Aeris Lives is 5:59 min and Seized with Fury is 6:00 min. Other overwrites have similar times as well, but some are a little more drastic than others.

Has anyone else with Zune software had a similar issue? Oh, and we please not make this a Microsoft hate thread? We definitely have more than enough of those already. I just want some help here, thanks.

I hate the Zune software because of the fact that when you try to search songs by artist, it searches by ALBUM artist rather than individual song artists. That's really annoying with OC Remixes because there's so many of them and I have to put "Various Artists" for the album artist in order for it to be under one album rather than 375898 albums of the same name. So I can't search remixes by artist :(

well actually you can you just gotta change the setting so the artists show up in the artists area for the album and the artists you have set to the song

as for your thing mill I haven't had this prob before and i havent used the zune software anytime recently cause a my dad took my zune and b the software stoped working awhile ago

I would love my Zune except for issues like this, and the fact that multi-artist albums are all separated by artist in the album view. Also where the fuck are the asian fonts, half my Zune is full of squares :V Also, it likes to draw info from the weirdest fucking places. "Album Artist" is somehow preferred over just "Artist." Okay, so basically, Microsoft has a problem with organization. If I were allowed to sync my Zune with windows media player, another microsoft product, which I did with my non-microsoft MP3 player [Zen], it would already be perfectly fine. Boggling.

I wish Creative were still making high capacity Zen :(

• 7 months later...

So... it looks like this issue has been brought up once before, but I don't think there was any solution. I'm having a problem with the Zune software and certain OCRs that tend to conflict with one another. It seems that they are both recognized by the software, but only one is ever in the library at one time. For instance: We've got Chrono Cross Another Inspiration (by Scott Peeples) and Chrono Cross Time Voyager (by Chronosis). Two separate songs, two separate files. Only... in the Zune player, it thinks these songs are the same. It's a strange problem, and a little hard to explain. Has anyone else had an issue with this? And, more importantly, did you find a way to fix it?

• 1 year later...

an annoying idiosyncrasy of the software

to get around it, highlight all the albums in the software, then highlight all the songs in the song bar and drag those over to one of the album clones

that should consolidate them all into one album

I've pulled my hair out over this multiple times, myself.